Software Engineering Manager - Core Platform
Software Engineering Manager
Plex Systems® delivers industry-leading ERP, MES, and Industrial IoT solutions to manufacturers across process and discrete industries. Plex pioneered cloud solutions for the production line, connecting suppliers, machines, people, systems, data, and customers with capabilities that are easy to configure, deliver continuous innovation, and reduce IT costs.
In support of our ongoing growth, we are looking for a Software Engineering Manager to help develop our next generation Industrial IoT platform. There are new, disruptive forces in today’s manufacturing environment where we need to be ready to capitalize on opportunities. Integrating augmented/mixed reality, voice, IIoT and new levels of automation to name a few, while maintaining scale, stability and performance. Sound fun? It does to us too!
- A passion and proven ability for leading, mentoring and serving people
- Experience delivering a software roadmap, with a track record of shipping on time and with high quality
- 5+ years of experience managing a team of people
- 10+ years of experience as a software engineer working on high availability systems
- Experience designing, testing and supporting distributed software systems
- A strong command of agile development practices, preferably in a Continuous Delivery model
- Exhibit thought leadership and influence peers. Be a critical thinker with an analytical mindset, able to work problems into solutions
- Strong experience with relational and NoSQL (timeseries, column-based, document, etc) data stores
- Experience with Multiple API methodologies and application integrations
- Strong experience with real-time stream processors
- Understanding of multi-tenancy models and data security
- Self-starter, leading collaboration with cross-functional teams in technical and business domains
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to communicate complex technical information in a clear, objective and understandable way to different, possibly non-technical, audiences
- Willingness to work hard to help build our growing company
Bonus Experience Points
- Master’s degree in Computer and Information Science or a related technical field
- A background in quality engineering
- Experience with remote and virtual teams
- Experience in the manufacturing domain
- Experience with container and cluster technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experience with distributed storage and data systems (e.g. Kafka, Druid, Mongo, Redis)
- Experience with Azure and other Microsoft technologies
What do we offer?
We are proud to be recognized as one of the top workplaces in the tech industry. In fact, it’s Plex employees themselves who say our company is a great place to work. We’ve created an inviting workspace that fosters a culture of collaboration, innovation, and excitement. Some of the things our employees enjoy including:
- Competitive Salaries
- Generous benefits
- Generous leave policies
- Health club dues reimbursement
- Sustainable work-life balance and flexibility
- Opportunity for business travel to US
- Our multiple locations offer a casual-dress workplace, complimentary food and drink and more
We’re looking for high-skilled, passionate people to help us do something daring, difficult, incredibly rewarding and fun. If you’re ready to be inspired, solve problems, grow professionally, and unleash your talent…then apply today. You’re what’s next.
More about Plex Systems
With insight from the shop floor to the top floor, the Plex Manufacturing Cloud® helps companies see and understand every aspect of their business ecosystems, enabling them to transform their businesses and lead with precision, efficiency, and agility in an ever-changing market. Learn more at www.plex.com.