Plex Systems® delivers industry-leading ERP, MES, and Industrial IoT solutions to manufacturers across process and discrete industries. Plex pioneered cloud solutions for the production line, connecting suppliers, machines, people, systems, data, and customers with capabilities that are easy to configure, deliver continuous innovation, and reduce IT costs.
In support of our ongoing growth, we are looking for a Professional Services Engagement Manager to ensure successful deployments of the Plex Manufacturing Cloud. The Engagement Manager will be the project owner for the Plex Professional Services project team, have responsibility and accountability for customer project success, completion of key project deliverables and work with the customer project team to resolve issues that stand in the way of a successful project. The Engagement Manager will also be responsible for managing to the agreed to budget and delivering a successful outcome. Position will be located in our Troy, MI headquarters, remote candidates will also be considered based on qualifications.
Additional responsibilities include the following:
- Champion Plex’s implementation methodology and drive it through each engagement.
- Partner with the PMO to continually improve our tools and processes.
- Manage multiple concurrent projects of varying size and complexity.
- Lead Customer Steering Committee meetings and internal Portfolio Reviews for assigned projects.
- Lead Project Kickoff Workshops, Issue Management Meetings, Project Gate Reviews and Go Live Readiness Reviews as required.
- Ensure that projects are staffed and planned properly, own and maintain the project plan and overall project schedule.
- Ensure that assigned projects are delivered within budget, time, and SOW. Manage the project change process to ensure out of scope activities are identified and approved proactively.
- Work closely with the customer project team to proactively identify/resolve all issues that could impact project scope and/or timeframes.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to Professional Services project resources and ensure consistent quality of services delivery during the project.
- Demonstrate or be able to quickly acheive proficiency in Plex Manufacturing Cloud Core Modules and maintain current knowledge of product releases.
- Identify opportunities to position additional Professional Service offerings within a project or at project close. Support new logo sales activities by positioning Plex Professional Services as required.
- Build relationships outside of Plex Professional Services in our Product, Sales and Support teams.
- 3+ years of experience project managing and leading ERP implementations with high levels of success within a consulting firm or software company embedded services team.
- A B.S. degree in business, engineering or related fields, or equivalent experience.
- Implementation experience in Plex, Epicor, QAD, NetSuite, JD EDWARDS, iQMS and/or large ERP/MES solutions such as Oracle or SAP, within a manufacturing environment.
- Passion for Customer Success ad continuous improvement.
- Successful candidates have a balance of functional (business) and technical experience.
- Strong presentation skills and comfort presenting in front of C-Level executives.
- Exceptional organization, time management, and communication skills.
- PMP certification strongly preferred.
- APICS certification a plus
- Must be ready and willing to travel to customer locations as needed.
We are proud to be recognized as one of the top workplaces in the tech industry. In fact, it’s Plex employees themselves who say our company is a great place to work. We’ve created an inviting workspace that fosters a culture of collaboration, innovation, and excitement. Some of the things our employees enjoy include:
- Competitive wages
- Generous benefits including Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability Insurance, & 401(k) matching program
- Very generous PTO/paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Health club dues reimbursement
- Sustainable work-life balance and flexibility
- Our multiple locations offer a casual-dress workplace, complimentary food and drink, and “de-stress areas” complete with video games, ping pong tables, and more
We’re looking for high-skilled, passionate people to help us do something daring, difficult, and incredibly rewarding. If you’re ready to be inspired, solve problems, grow professionally, and unleash your talent…then apply today. You’re what’s next.
More about Plex Systems
With insight from the shop floor to the top floor, the Plex Manufacturing Cloud® helps companies see and understand every aspect of their business ecosystems, enabling them to transform their businesses and lead with precision, efficiency, and agility in an ever-changing market. Learn more at www.plex.com.