Creative Marketing Manager / Sr. Manager
Plex Systems® delivers industry-leading ERP, MES, and Industrial IoT solutions to manufacturers across process and discrete industries. Plex pioneered cloud solutions for the production line, connecting suppliers, machines, people, systems, data, and customers with capabilities that are easy to configure, deliver continuous innovation, and reduce IT costs.
Plex is a rapidly growing software company consistently recognized as a top workplace. In support of our ongoing growth, we are looking for a creative leader. Preferred location Troy, MI.
You’ll be the champion of our brand, bringing to life our company, our culture and the value we deliver. You’re creative and you’re driven … a dreamer with a can-do attitude who gets things done. You thrive on delightfully unconventional yet down-to-earth dialogue, and design is your forte. You’re a natural storyteller, a strategic thinker, and a nurturing leader.
In this role, you’ll manage our creative team, bringing to bear your deep understanding of the creative process from both a procedural and strategic perspective. You’re passionate about creating high quality end products that are visually appealing, compelling, and aligned with our brand. You’ve managed teams before and understand how to lead ideation sessions, gain buy-in from team members and company leadership, and execute on projects to hit deadlines. Reporting to the VP of Brand and Corporate Marketing, you’ll drive collaboration and work across functional lines.
Responsibilities for this role include the following:
- LEAD the internal creative team efforts, including brand, content and design.
- INSPIRE and motivate through leadership, mentoring and living the Plex values.
- CULTIVATE a strong brand voice through world-class design for multiple media channels including social media, digital, corporate website, email, internal communications, blogs, press releases, and more.
- COLLABORATE with the organization through open, respectful dialogue while maintaining the discipline required to deliver projects on-time.
- COMMUNICATE your ideas persuasively and respectfully.
Who You Are & What You Will Bring
Creativity. You scoff at limitations and are undeterred by a few obstacles. You understand marketing and brand, including strategy, conceptualization and multi-platform execution.
Self-motivated. Micro-management is not for you; it’s not how you like to manage or be managed. You know what needs to be done, by whom and plan your team’s work to consistently meet deadlines.
Leadership. You’re not afraid to get your hands dirty and lead by example. Coaching, providing feedback and evaluation, building team culture, and balancing creative time with productivity are skills you’ve acquired in your career.
Tech savvy. The Adobe suite is your friend and you’re adept with several other creative execution technologies, too. You understand the manufacturing industry and SaaS business model.
Positive attitude. You’re positive and persistent. It’s not hard to keep a smile on your face. You’re open to new ideas and if there’s a better way to do things, you’re willing to try.
- Manage creative team and third-party agencies.
- Review the work of designers and provide direction and feedback.
- Pitch and develop new ideas.
- Oversee creative writing, editing, storyboarding.
- Participate in the design process for branded collateral and web assets.
- Ensure high levels of quality, brand adherence, and professional standards.
- Manage and work within established budgets and deadlines.
- Evaluate staff via the performance review process.
- Varied portfolio of work demonstrating in-depth understanding of design principles.
- Experience managing and mentoring a strong creative team.
- Ability to work effectively with sales, marketing, and other internal stakeholders.
- Demonstrated understanding of distilling a big picture idea into its parts.
- Able to delegate projects and deliverables to meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized and familiar with one or more project management programs.
- Strong knowledge of creative software including the Adobe suite.
- Proficiency with video production/editing preferred.
- Knowledge of web skills (HTML, CSS, etc) a plus.
Please provide portfolio upon application.
We are proud to be recognized as one of the top workplaces in the tech industry. In fact, it’s Plex employees themselves who say our company is a great place to work. We’ve created an inviting workspace that fosters a culture of collaboration, innovation, and excitement. Some of the things our employees enjoy include:
- Competitive wages
- Generous benefits including Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability Insurance, & 401(k) matching program
- Very generous PTO/paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Health club dues reimbursement
- Sustainable work-life balance and flexibility
- Our multiple locations offer a casual-dress workplace, complimentary food and drink, and “de-stress areas” complete with video games, ping pong tables, and more
We’re looking for high-skilled, passionate people to help us do something daring, difficult, and incredibly rewarding. If you’re ready to be inspired, solve problems, grow professionally, and unleash your talent…then apply today. You’re what’s next.
More about Plex Systems
With insight from the shop floor to the top floor, the Plex Manufacturing Cloud® helps companies see and understand every aspect of their business ecosystems, enabling them to transform their businesses and lead with precision, efficiency, and agility in an ever-changing market. Learn more at www.plex.com.