Site Reliability Engineering Team Lead
Site Reliability Engineering Team Lead
Plex Systems® delivers industry-leading ERP, MES, and Industrial IoT solutions to manufacturers across process and discrete industries. Plex pioneered cloud solutions for the production line, connecting suppliers, machines, people, systems, data, and customers with capabilities that are easy to configure, deliver continuous innovation, and reduce IT costs.
Plex is a rapidly growing software company consistently recognized as a top workplace. In support of our ongoing growth, we are looking for a Site Reliability Engineering Team Lead to work within our Cloud Operations department, which is a continuous improvement culture. As the lead of our Site Reliability Engineering team, you will play a key role in our transformation from monolithic to microservices architecture and adoption of open source technologies. You will help us improve the reliability and delivery of our products. You will ensure that issues are resolved in an organized manner as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- 7+ years Site Reliability Engineering or highly related experience, including 3+ years managing teams and projects
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to work with a range of teams and skill sets
- Excellent people management skills
- Proven history of successful project delivery
- Proven history building automated solutions that enable resiliency and self-healing of applications
- Proven experience leading Operations teams through issues or problem that may or may not be customer facing.
- Experience using and managing a variety of open source technologies and cloud services, ideally including the following:
- Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform
- Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform
- Chef, Puppet or Ansible are nice to have
- Experience with Operations technologies including the following:
- Web Servers (IIS 7.0 – IIS 10)
- Server Operating Systems (Windows Server, Linux)
- Virtualization Environments
- Load balancer experience (F5 LTM, Azure Load Balancer)
- Knowledge of microservices architecture design
- Experience leveraging open source technologies in an enterprise environment (Kafka, Druid, Flink, Istio, Envoy, Redis, etc.)
- Experience working with Agile methodologies
We are proud to be recognized as one of the top workplaces in the tech industry. In fact, it’s Plex employees themselves who say our company is a great place to work. We’ve created an inviting workspace that fosters a culture of collaboration, innovation, and excitement. Some of the things our employees enjoy include:
- Competitive wages
- Generous benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability Insurance, & 401(k)
- Very generous PTO/paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Health club dues reimbursement
- Sustainable work-life balance and flexibility
- Our multiple locations offer a casual-dress workplace, complimentary food and drink, and “de-stress areas” complete with video games, ping pong tables, and more
We’re looking for high-skilled, passionate people to help us do something daring, difficult, and incredibly rewarding. If you’re ready to be inspired, solve problems, grow professionally, and unleash your talent…then apply today. You’re what’s next.
The Plex Manufacturing Cloud
Plex is the engine behind the manufacturing economy, powering the first ERP cloud built specifically for the plant floor. The Plex Manufacturing Cloud delivers anywhere, anytime industry-leading ERP and manufacturing automation through a secure web browser, connecting suppliers, machine, people, systems, and customers with capabilities that deliver continuous innovation. Plex now supports more than 400 organizations and 1,300 manufacturing facilities in 20 countries around the world. Our customers make everything from diesel engines and aircraft to ice cream and candy, all in the Plex Manufacturing Cloud.