Public Cloud Architect
Plex Systems® delivers industry-leading ERP, MES, and Industrial IoT solutions to manufacturers across process and discrete industries. Plex pioneered cloud solutions for the production line, connecting suppliers, machines, people, systems, data, and customers with capabilities that are easy to configure, deliver continuous innovation, and reduce IT costs.
Plex is a rapidly growing software company consistently recognized as a top workplace. In support of our ongoing growth, we are looking for a Cloud Architect to join our Cloud Operations group in Auburn Hills, MI.
The Cloud Operations prides itself as a team of engineers who believe and work towards a continuous improvement culture. As a member of our team you will play a key role in our transformation from monolithic to microservices architecture and adoption of open source technologies. You will have the opportunity to shape the technologies that will make up our IIOT stack. You will help us improve the reliability, scalability and security of the products we deliver to our customers. You will ensure that issues are resolved in an organized and timely manner.
As Plex moves workloads, we embark on a journey of embracing public cloud as an additional data center or environment. The right candidate for this job would be someone with extensive experience working with cloud technologies, preferably multiple cloud providers: Azure, AWS Google Cloud, etc. Experience exploring the second-tier cloud providers like Alibaba, IBM Cloud, etc. would be a plus. This person would also be passionate about keeping up with the changing landscape with focus on governance, security and automaton.
- Design and deploy dynamically scalable, highly available, fault-tolerant, and reliable applications on various cloud (Azure, AWS, and Google) Platforms.
- Create cloud native foundation for user management, security, capacity, monitoring and catalog of services for application development teams.
- Design standard templates for deployment of IaaS, PaaS, solutions.
- Implement dashboards for managing cloud performance and budgetary alerts.
- Design and deploy Hybrid Cloud solution to integrate with on premise Applications.
- Implement security solutions for multi-cloud environments including identity and access management in compliance security policy.
- Implement cloud network solutions within the cloud environment and integrate with Private cloud networks.
- Migrate on private cloud complex, multi-tier applications to the public cloud and/or back to private cloud.
- Design and deploy enterprise-wide scalable solution that are backed by written SLA’s.
- Implement strategies to identify cost distribution and usage.
- 5 to 10 years cloud technology experience or highly related experience in operations.
- Implementation of Azure and/or AWS Cloud Adoption Frameworks.
- Proven experience in Architecture Reviews, Design Workshops and other core best practices as well as bringing to the forefront emerging solutions.
- Ability to work with and advise multiple teams in implementing best practices.
- Experience in implementing DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code, continuous integration and automated deployment.
- Experience with Operations technologies including the following:
- Server Operating Systems (Windows Server, Linux)
- Virtualization Environments
- Strong Scripting Knowledge (PowerShell, Bash, Python, Perl, Golang, Selenium etc.)
- Experience using and managing a variety of open source technologies and cloud services, ideally including the following:
- Public Cloud experience: Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform
- Kubernetes supporting enterprise needs: Kubernetes platforms, Docker, Aqua, Twistlock
- Infrastructure/Configuration as code: Terraform, Chef, Puppet, or Ansible
- Proven history building automated solutions that enable reliability and scalability of applications.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team with little supervision.
- Wiliness to learn and cross train international team members.
- Ability and willingness to support application in the cloud with very high SLA’s.
- Experience with Kubernetes in the Public Cloud.
- Experience with Apigee and API gateways.
Working at Plex
We are proud to be recognized as one of the top workplaces in the tech industry. In fact, it’s Plex employees themselves who say our company is a great place to work. We’ve created an inviting workspace that fosters a culture of collaboration, innovation, and excitement. Some of the things our employees enjoy include:
- Competitive wages
- Generous benefits including Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability Insurance, & 401(k) matching program
- Very generous PTO/paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Health club dues reimbursement
- Sustainable work-life balance and flexibility
- Our multiple locations offer a casual-dress workplace, complimentary food and drink, and “de-stress areas” complete with video games, ping pong tables, and more
We’re looking for high-skilled, passionate people to help us do something daring, difficult, and incredibly rewarding. If you’re ready to be inspired, solve problems, grow professionally, and unleash your talent…then apply today. You’re what’s next.
More about Plex Systems
With insight from the shop floor to the top floor, the Plex Manufacturing Cloud® helps companies see and understand every aspect of their business ecosystems, enabling them to transform their businesses and lead with precision, efficiency, and agility in an ever-changing market. Learn more at www.plex.com.