Senior Level Designer
Playground Games is looking for a Senior Level Designer to join our Fable team on a full-time basis.
As a first-party Xbox Game Studio, we are passionate about making genre-defining games that are accessible, beautiful, and, most of all, fun. We are excited to be rebooting the much-loved Fable franchise and are expanding our diverse team to create a new classic in the action RPG genre.
This is a permanent role based at our state-of-the-art facilities in Royal Leamington Spa.
About the role:
You will be part of the Level Design team working on Fable, our AAA, open-world action RPG title. Your role will involve working closely with multiple other disciplines to develop high-quality open-world play-spaces.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced level designer who is passionate about their craft, skilled in the ground-up planning and creation of world areas and has the portfolio to prove it.
What you’ll do:
- Work with 3D Studio Max and our custom, proprietary engine to plan and create world locations that closely support the project vision
- Work closely with other disciplines, including members of the Narrative, Environment Art, Quest, and Game Design teams
- Mentor less experienced designers and assist with the onboarding of new team members
- Take an autonomous approach to driving team progress with a pro-active mindset, and further support the team by providing internal feedback and preparing documentation.
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years’ experience working in a Level Design position, ideally on multiple AAA published titles
- An ability to develop lasting and productive relationships in a collaborative team with diverse perspectives
- Experience with at least one 3D software package or level design tool
- A track record of quality in your previous work, ideally demonstratable with portfolio materials. These can be submitted as a link to a website or added as an attachment along with your CV.
- Knowledge of key level design concepts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A genuine passion for video games
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a world-class game with an established, talented, and collaborative team at one of the industry’s most exciting first-party game studios.
Playground Games is an equal opportunities studio and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.