Senior VFX Artist - Contract
Playground Games is looking for a Senior VFX Artist to join our Forza team on a contract basis.
As a first-party Xbox Game Studio, we are passionate about making genre-defining games that are accessible, beautiful, and, most of all, fun.
As a Senior VFX Artist, you will create high-quality VFX, elevate the visuals of Forza Horizon and deliver strong creative ideas, while communicating and collaborating with the wider team.
You should have an appreciation of a broad range of art styles, and the ability to emulate this through artwork in real-time engine or offline rendering, using your grasp of the principles of animation, dynamics and lighting. As an experienced professional, you will have strong planning and organisational ability, and will enjoy collaborating with engineering teams to develop new technologies, innovations and processes.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- A portfolio demonstrating high-quality real time VFX work.
- Proficiency with 3D graphics, particle systems, physics, ribbons, shaders and post process effects
- Deep knowledge of a 3D software such as Houdini, 3DS Max and Maya.
- Animation experience.
- A self-motivated team player, with good communication skills
- Great understanding of art fundamentals with a strong interest in realistic visuals
- A genuine passion for video games.
- Experience with PopcornFX, Niagra or Houdini Particle simulations.
- Experience in HLSL, GLSL, Python or similar
- Experience on shipped AAA game projects
This is a fantastic opportunity to make world-class games with an established, talented, and collaborative team at one of the industry’s most exciting first-party game studios.
Playground Games is an equal opportunities studio and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply