Automation Engineer (All Levels)
Playground Games is looking for an Automation Engineer to join our Fable team. We welcome Engineers of all levels to apply.
As a first-party Xbox Game Studio, we are passionate about making genre-defining games that are accessible, beautiful, and, most of all, fun. We are excited to be rebooting the much-loved Fable franchise and are expanding our diverse team to create a new classic in the action RPG genre.
About the role:
As an Automation Engineer you will be working with our custom, proprietary engine.
You will be working alongside various engineering teams to help them develop automation tests for things like performance, stability and integration testing, and will help develop the frameworks upon which these automated tests work.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced engineer who is passionate about ensuring quality throughout development – ensuring that all the data in the game is of high quality, and helping develop tests that ensure the data stays at a high quality.
This is a permanent role based at our state-of-the-art facilities in Royal Leamington Spa, with a hybrid work model in place. Relocation assistance is available if required.
What you’ll do:
- Work on our custom, proprietary engine and develop our test automation framework.
- Work with the various teams to develop new automated tests to ensure we’re alerted to any issues around performance and stability.
- Collaborate with our design teams to help develop creative solutions to achieve their goals.
What you’ll bring:
- C++ and software architecture skills.
- Passion for automation engineering, and a desire to keep learning and staying on the cutting edge.
- A genuine passion for video games.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make world-class games with an established, talented, and collaborative team at one of the industry’s most exciting first-party game studios.
Playground Games is an equal opportunities studio and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.