VFX Artist - Contract
Playground Games is looking for a VFX Artist to join our Forza team on a contract basis.
As a first-party Xbox Game Studio, we are passionate about making genre-defining games that are accessible, beautiful, and, most of all, fun.
As a VFX Artist, you will create high-quality VFX, elevate the visuals of Forza Horizon and deliver strong creative ideas, while communicating and collaborating with the wider team.
You have an appreciation of a broad range of art styles and are able to apply your knowledge of animation, dynamics and rendering to real-time visuals and offline visual targets.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- A portfolio demonstrating high-quality real time VFX work.
- Proficiency with 3D graphics, particle systems, physics, ribbons, shaders and post process effects
- Knowledge of a 3D software such as Houdini, 3DS Max and Maya.
- Animation experience.
- A self-motivated team player, with good communication skills and a desire to learn and improve.
- Great understanding of art fundamentals with a strong interest in realistic visuals
- A genuine passion for video games.
- Experience with PopcornFX, Niagra or Houdini Particle simulations.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make world-class games with an established, talented, and collaborative team at one of the industry’s most exciting first-party game studios.