Senior Cinematics Artists - Contract
Playground Games is seeking a Senior Cinematic Artists who will be responsible for story and character driven cinematics needed to realise the vision for Fable, our open world action RPG.
As a first-party Xbox Game Studio, we are passionate about making genre-defining games that are accessible, beautiful, and, most of all, fun. We are excited to be rebooting the much-loved Fable franchise and are expanding our diverse team to create a new classic in the action RPG genre.
About the role:
Your cinematic expertise will cover a broad range of key areas including cinematography, lighting, performance direction and editing. You’re required to have strong skills in storytelling, cinematic theory, framing and composition as well as a deep understanding of character development and performances.
This is a contract role based at our state-of-the-art facilities in Royal Leamington Spa.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with the cinematic team to stage, compose, and sequence cinematics.
- Quickly iterating on pre-vis.
- Collaborating with other disciplines to produce cinematic concepts and colour scripts.
- Champion a strong vision and maintain quality, style and continuity, both visually and technically throughout the project.
- Conceptualising and implementing strong layout, cinematography and editing.
- Collaborating to implement highly curated cinematic lighting.
- Implementing cinematics into the game engine and testing to ensure that they fit.
- Updating documentation
What you’ll bring:
- Understanding of visual AND observational storytelling.
- Developed skills in critical reasoning and emotional awareness within storytelling.
- Highly skilled in cinematography, lighting, editorial.
- Experience with directing actors is a plus.
- Experience with cinematic or sequencing tools (Unreal, Unity, Motion Builder etc.)
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a world-class game with an established, talented, and collaborative team at one of the industry’s most exciting first-party game studios.
Playground Games is an equal opportunities studio and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.