Senior Cinematics Animator
Playground Games is seeking a Senior Cinematic Animator who will be responsible for creating story-driven animation needed to realise the vision for Fable, our open world action RPG.
Your animation expertise will cover a broad range of key areas, including facial, motion capture, and keyframe. You’re required to be a creative animator, with good knowledge of the technical aspects of your craft. As an animator at Playground you’ll also have the opportunity to collaborate with the team on improving the animation and art pipelines.
- Blocking out animations and cameras
- Quickly iterating on pre-vis
- Collaborating with the Lead, Director, and cinematic team to discover the best performance
- Implementing cinematics into the game engine and testing to make sure they fit within the game
- Polishing motion capture animation and adding to its performance
- Creating content for cutscenes, in-game cinematics, and bespoke animations
- Tracking time and tasks, and frequently showing progress to the team
- Updating documentation
- Understanding of visual storytelling
- Can convey emotion through realistic performance
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Maya and MotionBuilder
- Proficient in both key-frame and motion capture workflows
- Motivated and driven to produce and achieve work of the highest quality
- 5+ years animation experience
- Experience with performance capture pipelines a plus
- AAA experience
- Passionate about video games
- Previous experience in film or pre-vis a plus
- Experience with game engines
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a highly experienced and collaborative team, within one of the world’s most exciting games studios.