Lead Cinematic Artist
Playground Games is searching for a Lead Cinematic Artist to help build and nuture our cinematic team on Fable, our open world RPG title.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work closely with the Cinematic Director to maintain the cinematic style and direction across the project. You will lead your team by defining and driving goals and work to align those goals with the project vision. You will be able to leverage your expertise in order to inspire and mentor members of the cinematic department as well as work with other leads to build an achievable cinematic production plan.
- Able to set clear team goals and champion the both the project and cinematic direction.
- Exceptional skills in team leadership and growth.
- Understanding of the cinematic pipeline and processes from conception to final implementation.
- Practical knowledge of current 3D software (Maya, 3DS Max and Motionbuilder).
- Ability to collaborate well with artists, writers, designers, and programmers.
- Expert understanding of storytelling and cinematic principles and techniques.
- A keen observational eye for detail.
- Strong editorial experience and instincts.
- Highly concise critical reasoning skills with the ability to curate strong performances and ideas.
- A self-motivated team player capable of learning new techniques and educating others.
- Previous experience liaising with remote or outsource agents.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the world’s most exciting games studios, using state of the art technology to create world class games with an established, highly talented and collaborative team.