Gameplay Designer - Contract
Playground Games is looking for a Gameplay Designer to join our Fable team on a contract basis.
As a first-party Xbox Game Studio, we are passionate about making genre-defining games that are accessible, beautiful, and, most of all, fun. We are excited to be rebooting the much-loved Fable franchise and are expanding our diverse team to create a new classic in the action RPG genre.
About the role:
As a Gameplay Designer, you will be working with the Gameplay team to deliver character-driven gameplay systems. You will closely collaborate with other disciplines to design and implement features within combat, enemies, 3Cs and traversal.
Our ideal candidate is a promising Gameplay Designer who is passionate about their craft, skilled in character-driven gameplay and action combat, and has the track record to prove it.
This is a contract role based at our state-of-the-art facilities in Royal Leamington Spa.
What you’ll do:
- Create and maintain high-quality feature and system designs.
- Work with a highly motivated, talented, cross-discipline team.
- Use propriety tools to implement features to the highest standard.
- Develop highly satisfying, engaging action gameplay.
What you’ll bring:
- 3+ years of Gameplay Design experience, ideally on at least 1 AAA game with character-driven combat.
- A portfolio demonstrating high-quality Gameplay Design work. This portfolio can be submitted as a link to a portfolio website or added as an attachment along with your CV.
- A flexible, highly motivated and friendly approach to your work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A genuine passion for video games.
- Experience with text-based or visual scripting tools is a plus.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a world-class game with an established, talented, and collaborative team at one of the industry’s most exciting first-party game studios.
Playground Games is an equal opportunities studio and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.