Associate Art Director
Playground Games is seeking an Associate Art Director who will be responsible for overseeing the direction of world creation and ensuring that it meets the quality and aesthetic goals expected for Fable, our open world action RPG.
As Associate Art Director focused on world creation, you’ll work collaboratively with our Art Director to guide the implementation of our open world according to the game’s visual language and art style. You will share the objective of delivering stunning visuals for Playground’s future titles, working with multiple art disciplines and supporting our co-development relationships. You will champion the Art team’s open world mandates by establishing and refining clear communication channels with content creators. You’ll use your experience in the field to identify opportunities for improvement throughout the team. You must be flexible, highly motivated and detail conscious.
In addition to candidates with professional Art Direction experience, we are also interested in speaking to candidates from a range of artistic disciplines who are seeking a move into Art Direction.
- Experience in environment art direction.
- Experience with co-development is preferred but not required.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent understanding of silhouettes, colour, tone and lighting.
- Excellent 2D and 3D skills.
- Demonstrable knowledge of bleeding-edge Art Production techniques.
- A passion for games!
- Ideally experience on at least one shipped AAA title.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the world’s most exciting games studios, using cutting edge technology to create world class games with an established, highly talented and collaborative team.
Playground Games is an equal opportunities studio and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.