Lead Animation Engineer - Contract
Playground Games is looking for a Lead Animation Engineer to join our Fable team on a contract basis.
As a first-party Xbox Game Studio, we are passionate about making genre-defining games that are accessible, beautiful, and, most of all, fun. We are excited to be rebooting the much-loved Fable franchise and are expanding our diverse team to create a new classic in the action RPG genre.
About the role:
As Lead Animation Engineer, you will be leading the animation engineers to create animation technology and systems. You will be working with the animation and technical animation teams to understand their requirements and develop feature plans and roadmaps to ensure the work is well organised and communicated, as well as contributing to the engineering effort yourself.
Our ideal candidate is a senior engineer with experience working on animation technologies with a track record to prove it, passionate about animation technology, and passionate about leading a small team of engineers to achieve best in class animation for AAA games.
This is a contract role based at our state-of-the-art facilities in Royal Leamington Spa.
What you’ll do:
- Work with the animation and technical animation team to understand their requirements and help guide the direction our internal animation technology.
- Collaborate with our design teams to help develop creative solutions to achieve their goals.
- Mentor and develop the animation engineering team to ensure they’re working to the best of their abilities.
- Maintain a clear roadmap of work with clear delivery dates.
What you’ll bring:
- 2+ years of animation engineering experience, with demonstrable work on at least 1 published title (ideally AAA).
- Experience leading a small team or a multi-discipline collaboration, and a passion to lead others.
- Excellent communication skills, and a collaborative mindset to help everyone achieve their goals.
- A genuine passion for video games.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make world-class games with an established, talented, and collaborative team at one of the industry’s most exciting first-party game studios.
Playground Games is an equal opportunities studio and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.