Character Artist - Contract
Playground Games is looking for a Character Artist to join our Forza team on a 12 month Fixed-Term contract.
As a first-party Xbox Game Studio, we are passionate about making genre-defining games that are accessible, beautiful, and, most of all, fun.
As a Character Artist you will be responsible for realising the character designs, including body, face, hair and garments. You will be expected to create clean and functional topology, high quality materials and optimise content for game, as well as being comfortable communicating with technical departments.
You should be familiar with industry standard software packages such as 3DSMax or Maya, as well as having some experience with ZBrush and Substance Painter. You have good knowledge of human anatomy and demonstrate an understanding of best practices to suit animation needs and engine requirements.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- Portfolio demonstrating real time character artwork to high standard
- Strong understanding and demonstration of human anatomy and proportions
- Established character production workflows such as creating clean deformable topology, efficient UV mapping and baking, texturing, and cloth creation techniques
- A good understanding of technical considerations for character creation, with the ability to communicate with technical team members
- A self-motivated team player, with good communication skills
- Ideally experience on shipped AAA game projects
- Traditional art foundation
- Experience with cloth simulation setup
- Passion for playing games
- An interest in modern fashion
- Experience with blendshape creation workflows
This is a fantastic opportunity to make world-class games with an established, talented, and collaborative team at one of the industry’s most exciting first-party game studios.
Playground Games is an equal opportunities studio and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.