Engine Engineer (All Levels)
Playground Games is looking for an Engine Engineer of any experience to join our Forza Horizon team.
As a first-party Xbox Game Studio, we are passionate about making genre-defining games that are accessible, beautiful, and, most of all, fun.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Your first-rate C++ and software architecture skills and experience of producing robust, re-usable code upon which gameplay systems can be built will see you as key part of the development process.
You'll be responsible for the implementation of vital systems architecture. You’ll work closely with internal stakeholders, so your ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively is vital. You are highly motivated and approachable, with a strong desire to push the boundaries of technology.
This role is based in our state-of-the-art studio in Leamington Spa, with a hybrid work model in place. Relocation assistance is available if required.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Engine engineering experience, with demonstrable work on at least one published title (ideally AAA). Our team are looking for team members at all experience levels to apply.
- Experience working on current generation consoles.
- An understanding of consoles technical requirements.
- Strong proficiency in the C++ programming language and object-oriented design principles.
- Ability to design and implement re-usable systems.
- Excellent task planning and delivery mindset.
- A genuine passion for video games and engineering.
Playground Games is an equal opportunities studio and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.