Gameplay Engineer (All Levels)
Playground Games is looking for a Gameplay Engineer of any experience level to join our Forza Horizon team.
As a first-party Xbox Game Studio, we are passionate about making genre-defining games that are accessible, beautiful, and, most of all, fun.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Your passion for writing quality software using strong engineering practices will enable you to develop the world leading user interface of a AAA title. You are enthusiastic about delivering the best possible user experience for all our players, across a variety of platforms, input devices, languages, and preferences.
You’ll work closely with Art and Design teams, so your ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively is vital. You are highly motivated and approachable, with a strong desire to empower developers to realise their vision.
This role is based in our state-of-the-art studio in Leamington Spa, with a hybrid work model in place. Relocation assistance is available if required.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Gameplay engineering experience, with demonstrable work on at least one published title (ideally AAA). Our team are looking for team members at all experience levels to apply.
- Strong proficiency in the C++ programming language and software design principles.
- Outstanding problem-solving ability and debugging skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent task planning and delivery mindset.
- A genuine passion for video games and engineering.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Playground Games is an equal opportunities studio and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.