Cinematic Technical Artist
We're looking for a Cinematic Technical Artist to join our Cinematics team on our exciting narrative driven open world RPG with genre defining goals.
You will be the Technical Product Owner for the cinematic team, acting as the bridge between Engineering and Cinematics to develop industry leading cinematic and narrative tools. You will also partner with the other disciplines to lead the vision for our in-house cinematic technical strategy.
What you will do:
- Hands-on approach to creating and maintain tooling and workflow solutions for best practice on the cinematic team.
- Creating Technical Design Documents to build a world class cinematic toolset.
- Collaborating with Tech Art, Tech Anim, Tech Design to ensure that the Cinematic Pipeline is well integrated with cross departmental tooling.
- Own the technical vision and long-term strategy for the end to end cinematic engine ecosystem.
- Review the cinematic creation process and identify opportunities for tool improvements.
- Manage the development of our cinematic and narrative tooling. Planning, directing, implementing and testing, workflows, tools and shaders with a hands-on approach to ensuring sustainable development.
- Find and address technical risks and tech debt.
- Extensive knowledge with typical Cinematic and Narrative tooling and workflows.
Experience developing, debugging and optimizing tools and technology for AAA cinematic and narrative content.
- Development experience in multiple game domains (Animation, Cinematics, Narrative, Rendering, Tools, …)
- Knowledge of high-level coding language. (Python, C#, etc)
- Experience with Cinematic development within a game engine (Unreal, Unity, Frostbite).
- Experience with Cinematic and Narrative Data and Asset Management.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the world’s most exciting games studios, using cutting edge technology to create world class games with an established, highly talented and collaborative team.