Senior Quest Designer - Contract
Playground Games is looking for a Senior Quest Designer to join our Fable team on a permanent basis.
As a first-party Xbox Game Studio, we are passionate about making genre-defining games that are accessible, beautiful, and, most of all, fun. We are excited to be rebooting the much-loved Fable franchise and are expanding our diverse team to create a new classic in the action RPG genre.
About the role:
As Senior Quest Designer, you will use scripting and proprietary tools while closely collaborating with all other disciplines to craft quest and open-world gameplay.
Our ideal candidate is an expert Quest Designer who is passionate about their craft, skilled in the design process, and has the track record to prove it.
This is a contractrole based at our state-of-the-art facilities in Royal Leamington Spa.
What you’ll do:
- Work with our custom, proprietary engine to plan and create quests that closely support the project vision
- Work closely with other disciplines, including members of the Narrative, Environment Art, Level, and Game Design teams
- Mentor less experienced designers and assist with the onboarding of new team members
- Take an autonomous approach to driving team progress with a pro-active mindset, and further support the team by providing internal feedback and preparing documentation
What you’ll bring:
- 4 years of Quest/Gameplay Design experience, with demonstrable work on at least one published title (ideally AAA)
- An ability to develop lasting and productive relationships in a collaborative team with diverse perspectives
- A demonstrable track record of quality in your previous work
- Knowledge of key quest and open world gameplay design concepts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A genuine passion for video games
- Experience in the RPG genre is a plus
This is a fantastic opportunity to make world-class games with an established, talented, and collaborative team at one of the industry’s most exciting first-party game studios.
Playground Games is an equal opportunities studio and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.