Lead Quest Designer
Playground Games is looking for a Lead Quest Designer to join our Fable team on a permanent basis.
As a first-party Xbox Game Studio, we are passionate about making genre-defining games that are accessible, beautiful, and, most of all, fun. We are excited to be rebooting the much-loved Fable franchise and are expanding our diverse team to create a new classic in the action RPG genre.
About the role:
As Lead Quest Designer, you will establish, maintain, and evolve quest design processes while ensuring quest design work is delivered on time and to a high-quality standard.
Our ideal candidate is an expert quest designer who is passionate about their craft, skilled in the design process, and has the track record to prove it.
This is a permanent role based at our state-of-the-art facilities in Royal Leamington Spa.
What you’ll do:
- You will be flexible, highly motivated and approachable, and will act as a champion of quality across the entire project.
- You will closely collaborate with production, co-development partners and other discipline leads to schedule quest design work, provide critical feedback on quest content, and uphold the quest design vision across the project.
What you’ll bring:
- 5 years of Quest/Gameplay experience, with demonstrable work on at least one published title (ideally AAA).
- A full development cycle in a Senior Quest/Gameplay Design position on at least one high-profile published AAA title
- An ability to develop lasting and productive relationships in a collaborative team with diverse perspectives
- Inspirational leadership skills
- An effective capability to be a highly reliable, autonomous member of the team
- A demonstrable track record of quality in your previous work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A genuine passion for video games.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a world-class game with an established, talented, and collaborative team at one of the industry’s most exciting first-party game studios.
Playground Games is an equal opportunities studio and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.