Associate Lead Tools Engineer
Playground Games is looking for a talented Associate Lead Tools Engineer to join our Fable team.
As a first-party Xbox Game Studio, we are passionate about making genre-defining games that are accessible, beautiful, and, most of all, fun. We are excited to be rebooting the much-loved Fable franchise and are expanding our diverse team to create a new classic in the action RPG genre.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are looking for an Associate Lead Tools Engineer to manage a growing team of talented tools engineers. You will work alongside the tools lead to design, plan and deliver the toolset for the next Fable title. You will collaborate with other disciplines to ensure delivery and maintenance of a powerful and efficient toolset that meets the needs of the development team.
You are driven by working with a skilled team of engineers working on AAA games. You’ll work closely with stakeholders, so your ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively is vital. You are approachable and enjoy mentoring junior members of the team so they can be successful in their work and development.
This is a permanent role based at our state-of-the-art facilities in Royal Leamington Spa.
WHAT YOU''LL BRING:
- A proven track record of leading a small team of engineers
- Expert C++ or C# and software architecture skills
- Detailed knowledge of game development tools and processes
- A strong ability to balance quality with efficiency while working under tight deadlines
- A track record of successful planning and delivery
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a customer-focused mindset
- A genuine passion for games
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the world’s most exciting games studios, using leading technology to create world class games, within a successful, highly talented and collaborative team.