Senior Software Engineer, Big Data - Remote
About the Company:
PlaceIQ is a leading data and technology provider that powers critical business and marketing decisions with location data, analytics and insights. An early industry pioneer, PlaceIQ has become the standard for fueling better decisions by marketers, analysts and publishers through powerful, location-based consumer insights, real-world measurement and attribution.
About the Engineering Organization:
At PlaceIQ, you will get the opportunity to process structured and unstructured data to extract value from it. You will be developing new data products, working alongside Data Scientists, and Product Managers, and validating the products to produce a better understanding of the real world. We deal in big data and our teams build and manage pipelines that turn hundreds of terabytes of raw location data into valuable products that drive insights.
Please note, our headquarters is located in New York City, but this role can be remote anywhere in the US.
What You Will Do:
- Design, and develop data-products, with adjoining data-pipelines, engineered to high standards of performance, efficiency, and reliability
- Generate and implement Machine-Learning algorithms
- Formulate data-management strategy and data-warehouse architecture to provide single source-of-truth datasets for internal and external clients
- Collaborate with Product, Analytics and Data Science to gather requirements for, and to build, new data-products
- Mentor data engineers to provide technical guidance
- You take pride in your work and are self-driven
- 5+ years of relevant development experience
- Professional development experience with Apache Spark in a Hadoop Ecosystem, preferably with Scala/Spark
- Strong experience in building ETL/Data-pipelines
- Background with Data-Modeling, Data-Access and Data-Warehouse technologies
- Experience with distributed databases and modern streaming platforms
- Production Continuous-Integration experience with Jenkins, and building with Maven / Ant / SBT
- You’re always hungry to learn new technologies and to fine tune your technical skills as tech evolves