At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,000 global employees with offices worldwide, and we’re not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. At PitchBook we’re committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
As a UX Manager at PitchBook, you will make amazing products that impact the decisions shaping our global economy. In just over 10 years, PitchBook has grown into a 1000+-person organization. Since the beginning, UX has been part of our company’s DNA.
Come join a team that supports and challenges each other to make better products every day. At PitchBook, the UX Manager, is responsible for leading and building a strong team around our core company and team values. You will mentor and coach designers on a full range of user research techniques, product design thinking, interaction design, and visual design skills and always be a true advocate for our users. You and your team will work across desktop, mobile and web browser extensions and use AI and machine learning to push the frontiers of the possible
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Lead a User Experience team to implement a world class user experience
- Integrate the PitchBook mission, philosophy and goals in your team’s day to day
- Provide consistent coaching to team members
- Create opportunities for team member leadership and growth
- Oversee and maintain UX quality measures
- Oversee design project sizing and estimation
- Regularly review designs and research throughout the project lifecycle
- Drive the creation and implementation of UX standards and best practices
- Develop and manage relationships throughout the organization
- Facilitate team meetings, workshops and leadership reviews
- Oversee design planning and progress
Skills and Qualifications:
- At least seven (7) years of experience as a UX Designer or similar role
- At least two (2) years of UX management experience
- Expert knowledge of modern web and mobile best practices
- Experience leading full life cycle design projects, from design strategy through execution
- Understand how visual and interaction design work together to create great user experiences
- Expert knowledge of design fundamentals; typography, composition and color
- Ability to balance multiple projects, prioritize, and create alignment across departments
- Strong analytical skills; use qualitative and quantitative data to make appropriate product decisions
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to clearly communicate decisions and how they move our team forward
- Strong user experience and visual design portfolio
- Easygoing, driven, and passionate
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.