Financial Reporter, Europe
At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,000 global employees with offices worldwide, and we’re not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. At PitchBook we’re committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About PitchBook London
In just a few years, PitchBook’s London office has grown into a multi-cultural center of excellence tasked with capitalizing on the vast opportunity to serve and expand our EMEA client base. With a culture that emphasizes collaboration, hard work and camaraderie, you have the opportunity to be on the ground floor of what continues to be a vital center of growth and production for PitchBook.
About the Role:
PitchBook News seeks a curious and tenacious financial reporter to join our rapidly growing London news team. You will collaborate with a team of writers and editors to cover breaking news and produce compelling private markets commentary.
You will offer insights on deals, trends, fundraising and people within the private equity and venture capital universe by leveraging our best-in-class datasets. The role represents a rare opportunity for ambitious journalists looking to make their mark as an industry voice writing for the foremost data provider in the alternative assets space.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Assist in the production of our daily newsletter covering VC, PE and M&A activity, with a focus on Europe
- Pitch, develop and execute on story ideas based on market trends and developments to generate lively and engaging content
- Edit peer content and help to ensure high editorial standards
- Delve into PitchBook data to research and create content that resonates with our clients and readers
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ideally, 3+ years of financial writing experience
- A passion for finance, business and the capital markets
- Experience in producing various types of news content across a variety of platforms
- The ability to leverage research to tell a compelling story
- An ability to conduct meaningful and incisive interviews
- Competence in data journalism and an ability to think about stories visually
- Opinions on the industry they are willing to express in order to produce engaging commentary
- An eye for design and an eagerness to collaborate with graphic designers
- The will to work both independently and in a team setting
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.