Business Development Representative, Media Sales
At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,000 global employees with offices worldwide, and we’re not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. At PitchBook we’re committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
PitchBook is looking to add a Media Sales Executive to help grow our Editorial team and increase media sales efforts. This is a highly visible role that significantly impacts the growth of our company through sponsorship of our core industry reports, magazine, white papers and daily newsletters. We are most known for our private market data and PitchBook Platform but we also have a growing media arm. You will be selling our media and report sponsorships to some of the most successful and respected companies in financial services and other relevant industries.
Do you possess a creative sales mindset as well as the ability to sell and close new accounts? Are you polished and in your comfort zone working across a varied group of business accounts? Does the idea of helping to build a media organization from the ground up sound exciting?
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Drives business revenues by developing relationships with potential advertising clients and selling advertising packages across PitchBook’s daily newsletter, research reports, white label content, magazine and digital news site.
- Independently prospect new business opportunities, including building their own referral networks with potential and current clients
- Develop new sales business while also managing existing relationships
- Effectively manage active pipeline and inventory products in Salesforce
- Work collaboratively with SDRs, Customer Success and Outside Sales on sales opportunities
- Effectively manage inbound and outbound marketing leads through Salesforce and Outreach
- Travel to conferences and clients to grow current opportunities and expand reach
- Work effectively with Editorial Team for sold content
- Have a detailed knowledge and experience with media buying/selling cycles and key performance metrics
- Collaborate with other Editorial team members to develop new advertising/sponsorship products
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively in a team environment
- Build and maintain forecasts of new and existing business
- Become an expert on the PE/VC/M&A markets and understand how we deliver value to each of our diverse client types
- Strong presentation and prospecting skills, both over the phone and in person
- Utilizing internal materials, put together
Skills and Qualifications:
- Stellar communication skills, written and verbal
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Is highly-motivated and self-directed
- Is goal-oriented for success
- Be a problem solver
- Is a proficiently professional communicator
- Has a strong desire and the ability to learn more about the PE / VC marketplace and understand how each of our diverse client types gain value from advertising across our different media products.
- Must be both social and amicable with the innate ability to build relationships with senior level executives
- Has the ability to self-manage and a strong sense of pride in their work
- Loves being part of a close-knit team that cheers each other on
- Has at least 4-6 years of outside sales experience
- Has at least 5 years of successful, professional work experience
- Must have at least a 4-year business or other related degree, MBA is a plus
- Experience with Salesforce
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.