Group Product Manager, Core Platform
At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,300 global employees with offices worldwide, and we’re not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. At PitchBook we’re committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
The Product Management team works to strategically align our product initiatives with core customer needs and ruthlessly prioritize development efforts to drive increased user engagement and growth.
We are seeking a product management leader to drive the user setup, onboarding, and core platform experiences for our users. As a Lead Product Manager, you will be responsible for setting the direction and driving results for a core product initiative at PitchBook. You will work closely with our users and senior leadership to define the product strategy, develop roadmaps, and drive new user engagement through delivering intuitive and seamless product improvements. You will manage and mentor a team of product managers and collaborate closely with designers, developers, data scientists, and marketers to build experiences that enable our clients to gain immediate value from PitchBook while creating winning strategies for driving re-engagement.
Your strong product instincts and ability to combine a deep understanding of customer use cases with experimentation and data analysis will be crucial in developing the right solutions at the right time.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Hire, mentor, and manage a focused, high-performing team of product managers to drive new user engagement
- Lead a team through product discovery, experimentation, usability testing, and the launch of innovative product improvements
- Champion client needs, pain points, and business opportunities across the organization and develop a shared understanding of the product area vision
- Actively define product roadmap, prioritize the backlog, and create business cases to outline new strategic product opportunities
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders and project teams to execute your product roadmap
- Establish clear project goals and aggressively measure & assess your business impact while prioritizing additional opportunities for success
- Constantly seek out opportunities to increase personal and team efficiency and effectiveness in a dynamic environment
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree with strong academic performance in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Finance, Accounting, or related field
- 5+ years product management experience within SaaS, enterprise, or cloud-based solutions
- 2+ years of experience mentoring and/or managing other product managers
- Strong bias for action. Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what is necessary to meet team goals
- Ability to leverage analytics and data to drive product decision making
- Passionate about or have experience in FinTech, Private Equity, Venture, M&A and/or experience as part of a team at a Corporate evaluating potential acquisitions/market strategy
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.