Account Manager, Startups
At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,300 global employees with offices worldwide, and we’re not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. At PitchBook we’re committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
“Customers are King!" Each and every day the Customer Success Team works to ensure that clients are maximizing the value they are receiving from PitchBook. Onboarding, training, support, business development and renewals are handled by the Customer Success team. We believe in doing whatever it takes to make our customers successful and the CS team drives that success every day.
As an Account Manager for Startup accounts, you’ll be managing clients that are at the early stages of their business and will need to maximize each dollar they spend on resources. Account Managers work to drive value that leads to customer satisfaction. You will be dedicated to surfacing the many different benefits of PitchBook access with startup client accounts. The goal is for PitchBook to be an integral part of each growing business for years to come.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- An appreciation for the PE / VC marketplace and the ability to learn, comprehend, and demonstrate why and how each of our client types engages with our product and our data
- Acts as primary point of contact and business partner for a dedicated portfolio of clients via in-person meetings, phone and/or email
- Conducts onboarding training sessions and client demonstration designed to address the individual needs of the account and end user with a consultative approach
- Identifies opportunities to expand existing user base within portfolio of accounts to achieve and consistently exceed sales goals
- Thinks critically on how the client can drive the most long-term value out of the product
- Manages the renewal and upgrade process with each of their assigned accounts
- Goes above and beyond to ensure customer satisfaction with quarterly business reviews and continual product education
- Great verbal and written communication skills with a keen eye for detail
- Goal-oriented - they've got quotas to meet and they love to beat them
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRMs to forecast sales and maintain updated records of client interactions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a keen eye for detail
- At least one (1) years of sales or account management experience