Data Analyst, Private Capital
In just a little over a decade, PitchBook has grown into a global organization with offices in London, Seattle, San Francisco, New York and Mumbai. With consistent high double-digit growth since 2009, the company has become the industry’s leading source of private market data, serving more than 4,000 clients around the world.
PitchBook is committed to fostering an open, collaborative work environment driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. Our culture is at the heart of our success, and it’s something we work on every day.
PitchBook’s London office is a rapidly growing, multi-cultural center of excellence tasked with capitalizing on the vast opportunity to service and expand our client base across EMEA. Our London office is growing rapidly with no slowdown in sight. With a culture that emphasizes collaboration, hard work and camaraderie, working in our London office represents an opportunity to be on the ground floor of what will continue to be a vital center of growth and production for PitchBook.
About the Role:
Our Analyst team is looking to hire a private capital data analyst to join our London-based research and data analyst function. As a valued team member, you’ll work with private markets transaction data to develop meaningful insights into a fascinating industry and power our industry leading private equity, venture capital and M&A research. In addition, you’ll leverage your analysis skills to interpret client data requests and deliver packaged analytics used by some of the largest private capital investors, investment banks and service providers globally. Our team utilizes technical data analysis skills in conjunction with deep financial and private capital markets industry knowledge to deliver the most accurate and digestible information to our clients.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Utilize strong Microsoft Excel, SQL and other programming language skills to provide high-quality data analysis and support to clients, internal stakeholders and select media outlets
- Contribute to research and analysis across our core private equity, venture capital and M&A coverage areas
- Work closely with research analysts to identify unique data points to support research, while also identifying unique tables and graphs to clearly illustrate that information
- Serve as data expert for all use cases that utilize PitchBook’s broad database
- Manage and complete time-sensitive custom research requests for subscribing clients
- Contribute to and provide data support to broader editorial teams as they develop content for blog posts, data-graphics, and newsletter stories
- Manage and respond to inquiries from clients, press, internal colleagues and the general public regarding data requests and published research
Skills and Qualifications:
- BA/BS in Finance, Business Administration or Economics preferred. Strong understanding of financial concepts such as valuation techniques (DCF, comps, etc.), IRRs, asset allocations, etc.
- 1-2 years’ experience in financial services role or experience working with large datasets
- Strong excel proficiency
- Experience in SQL a plus
- Experience using Python or other programming languages a plus
- Strong interest in M&A and private financial markets
- Critical thinker
- Detail oriented / analytical mindset
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience in PitchBook Platform a plus
PitchBook provides transparency into the capital markets by organizing the world’s meaningful business information and making it useful to our customers. Our data and analysis are available through our award-winning flagship product, the PitchBook Platform, as well as our powerful suite of integrated tools, industry news and in-depth reports. Our focus has always been—and will always be—our clients. What data matters most to them? What would make their jobs easier? How can we help them make informed decisions?
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.