Sales & Customer Success Trainer
At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,300 global employees with offices worldwide, and we’re not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. At PitchBook we’re committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
The PitchBook’s Sales & CS Trainer role is part of the training team focused on onboarding and continuing education for our Sales, Engagement, and Support teams. The Sales & CS Trainer is a key role who will facilitate, refine, and measure sales and customer success training for customer facing roles located in Seattle, San Francisco, NYC, and specifically London. This role works cross-functionally with role specific program managers and the broader PBLearning team to ensure our customer facing teams are developing the skills and knowledge needed to be successful in their current role and prepare them for the next position.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Learn and master PitchBook sales, engagement, and support methodologies and approaches
- Deliver group training and individual coaching to enhance employee capabilities
- Partner with PBLearning team to design quality sales and customer success training programs to address learning objectives
- Work with Program Managers and PBLearning Operations to schedule and deliver individual and team training plans in a regular cadence
- Manage training material and suggest improvements
- Report on training program effectiveness and adjust programs as needed
- Be resourceful to learn and master the complexities of the industry that PitchBook serves (specifically: private equity, venture capital, and M&A)
- Learn and deliver new and existing general people development programs in assigned market as needed
- Support the vision and values of the company through role modeling and encouraging desired behaviors
- Participate in various company initiatives and projects as requested
Skills and Qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience as a SaaS Sales, Engagement, or Support Training Specialist or higher role (6+ if a mix of other industries)
- Familiarity with modern sales, engagement, or support processes and concepts
- Experience using a Learning Management System (LMS) and executing “blended learning” curriculum
- Prior experience with Salesforce (or similar) and Gainsight (or similar) preferred
- Experience delivering training and coaching to technical and non-technical professionals on a global and regional scale
- Ability to effectively present material to groups of all levels in person and via phone/virtual classroom
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to work effectively with all levels in the organization
- Strong project management skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects or priorities at once
- Metrics driven: has evaluated and measured effectiveness of trainings
- Proficiency with the MS Office suite including in-depth knowledge of Outlook, Word, and Excel with the ability to pick up new systems and software easily
- Bachelor’s degree or other related work experience
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your CV today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.