Product Manager, Data Technology
At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,000 global employees with offices worldwide, and we’re not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. At PitchBook we’re committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
At the core of PitchBook’s offering is our data – it is accurate, comprehensive, and timely. Our platform includes rich data sets on both public and private companies along with deep granularity on the financial networks and capital flows that fund them. We solve complex data integration, data cleansing, and data quality management problems for our clients.
PitchBook is looking for a Product Manager to join our Data Technology team. The role will be focused on improving our data collection efforts by leveraging machine learning services to identify relevant data points from a variety of sources and building tools that enable our internal research team to efficiently validate that data.
If you have proven experience shipping great products and are passionate about machine learning or finance, we’d love to hear from you.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Gather requirements and create detailed functional specifications to deliver strong business value
- Prioritize, track, coordinate and communicate on projects, issues and tasks with internal stakeholders including the Research team, PitchBook Labs team, and Leadership from various teams
- Work closely with UX and engineering to execute and deliver on project goals
- Build out and execute against the data technology roadmap. Articulate the vision based on a deep understanding of clients, their workflows and business objectives
- Oversee the adoption of new internal features and tools across the Research team to drive process consistency.
- Continuously improve our external and internal deliverables, and operational processes
- Collaborate with all internal and external partners to facilitate projects
- Build customer empathy through in-depth client research
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or similar experience with strong academic performance in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Finance or Accounting
- Bias for action. Willingness to roll up the sleeves and do what is necessary to meet team goals
- 3-5 years of product management experience. Experience defining and shipping digital solutions
- Experience gathering customer-centric requirements and writing functional design specification documents
- Superior analytical, interpersonal, and project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Preferred: Working knowledge of SQL
- Preferred: Knowledge of private and public financial markets