Analyst, Emerging Technology
At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,000 global employees with offices worldwide, and we’re not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. At PitchBook we’re committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
Our Analyst team is looking to hire an emerging technology analyst to join our research and data analyst function. As a valued team member, you’ll hone your existing analytical skills, develop meaningful insights into fascinating industries, and contribute to our venture capital and emerging technology research. The notes and reports this team produces are utilized by many of the largest private capital investors, investment banks and service providers globally. Our team is creative, driven and focused on providing the most actionable research to our readers and clients.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Conduct research and analysis across various emerging technology industries and companies backed by private capital
- Establish research frameworks to provide independent commentary, evaluations and forecasts around our primary coverage areas, while identifying unique themes that may impact venture and emerging technology markets
- Develop and contribute to market maps used to examine emerging technologies, their ecosystems, along with the relevant factors/risks that will drive market adoption/growth in such sectors
- Utilize proprietary PitchBook data, the internet, newspapers, academic white papers, public and private company research notes, economic indicator forecasts, etc. to inform and develop actionable analysis
- Write and edit research reports as directed by research pipeline and publishing calendar
- Manage direct-to-client distribution channels for published notes and reports
- Maintain and update research information resources
- Work closely with data analysis team to identify unique data points to support research, while also identifying insightful tables and graphs that can clearly illustrate that information
- Develop and manage relationships with both client and non-client industry professionals to help support primary research efforts
- Manage and respond to inquiries from clients, press, internal colleagues and the general public regarding published research
Skills and Qualifications:
- BA/BS in Finance, Economics or Computer Science Preferred. Strong understanding of financial concepts such as valuation techniques (DCF, comps, etc.), IRRs, asset allocations, fund benchmarks, KPIs etc.
- 3-5 years’ experience in equity research, investment banking, Venture Capital or other related financial services role
- Strong interest in venture capital, growth equity and emerging technologies
- Critical thinker
- Detail oriented / analytical mindset
- Strong writing ability
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excel proficiency
- Experience in SQL and PitchBook Platform a plus
PitchBook provides transparency into the capital markets by organizing the world’s meaningful business information and making it useful to our customers. Our data and analysis are available through our award-winning flagship product, the PitchBook Platform, as well as our powerful suite of integrated tools, industry news and in-depth reports. Our focus has always been—and will always be—our clients. What data matters most to them? What would make their jobs easier? How can we help them make informed decisions?
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.