Associate Machine Learning Engineer
At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,300 global employees with offices worldwide, and we’re not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. At PitchBook we’re committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
The ideal candidate will have a strong grasp of Machine Learning, statistical modeling and Natural Language Processing techniques. A desire to learn, and a strong motivation to succeed are integral parts of our team, and we expect everyone to be a force for shaping the long term direction of our products.
You will join a fast paced team that is fully integrated into the Product function. We strive to:
- Enable more efficient and higher volume collection of relevant data
- Surface novel insights to our customers on the platform
- Help other product teams by applying our own expertise to their problems
- Work outside of Product on competitive positioning and better solutions
- Be a role model by being forward looking in cloud technology and dev tools
And we do this by using cutting edge machine learning and cloud technology to add or improve platform data in areas where it would otherwise be capital-intensive to gather manually. We are a supportive and inclusive group, and if you like Tekken and Dim Sum read more about the job below!
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Use natural language processing (NLP) and machine learning techniques to create novel views of private industry data
- Analyze and extract features from large amounts of unstructured data, determine most relevant features, and use clustering algorithms to drive insight into the data
- Analyze textual data such as articles and conversations to identify novel signals of private company performance
- Work closely with Product and Engineering teams to establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses and models
- Contribute to thought leadership on Data Science and ML best practices by staying informed of current trends in industry
Skills and Qualifications:
- BS in CS, Machine Learning, Statistics or related fields
- Experience with natural language processing
- Experience with Python, R or other relevant programming frameworks
- Experience in using SQL for data extraction
- 0-3+ years of experience leveraging the above mentioned skills in a production environment
- Strong communication and data presentation skills
- Strong problem solving ability
- Ability to communicate complex analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- Experience working closely a with software development team(s) a plus, but not required
- Financial services, investment, banking, VC and/or PE knowledge, but not required.
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.