Game Designer - Progression and Economy
Pipeworks is looking for an experienced designer to join us in helping define an all new interactive space. We are working on a new Massively Interactive Live Event that tells a long form serialized story, driven by the collective actions of an audience over time.
The ideal candidate is a system-centric designer with practical experience working with character progression and economy. They will work with the team to help define the resource tug-of-war our audience will engage in over a season of content and how multiple player and group progression tracks are motivated and advanced - while authoring/maintaining related creative and/or functional design documentation.
UX/UI design experience is a plus.
● Act as a system or content contributor, or project lead, with proven ability to collaboratively create, communicate, and manage tasks for yourself and/or project staff
● Communicate with external stakeholders, including clients, per project requirements
● Help to identify ways to maintain and grow the creativity and efficiency of the design team
● Some travel may be required for projects, conditions permitting
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
● Familiarity w/ Jira, Confluence, or equivalent task tracking and collaborative environments
● Good people skills
● Show exceptional deductive reasoning skills
● Communicate effectively with all levels of staff, both written and verbal
● Assist in solving problems in resourceful and beneficial ways
● Organize and communicate complex systems and data with an attention to detail
● Work well in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
● Be flexible to changing priorities
● Ability to work remotely
● 2+ years relevant work experience in Game Design
● 1+ titles shipped as a game designer (dependent on project scale)
● Preferred: experience in a Live Operations environment including the ongoing implementation of features and content