Technical Artist - Purpose-Driven Games
For over 21 years, we have been helping define what’s next in real-world interactions by creating, co-developing, and bringing to life cutting edge games and working with premier video game publishers. Through the lens of game science, design, art, and technology, we create transformational games, products and solutions for entertainment and enterprise. We harness the power of play because it affords us the opportunity to vanquish and conquer, but also unify and restore. We live to stir the imagination, enhance the power of the mind, advance possibility, and bring people together. Because games offer transcendence, and the best way to change our world is to build new ones altogether.
Pipeworks Studios is seeking a highly motivated Technical Artist to join our team working on Madden NFL.
As a technical artist, you will work within a team located on-site in Eugene, Oregon and collaborate remotely with our partners at EA Sports.
Come make your mark on one of the most popular video game franchises ever – Madden NFL!
Essential Job Functions
- Write scripts to implement new features and fix bugs, leveraging an internal engine
- Ability to use and understand Action Scripting (Flash)
- Clean-up pipeline processes/implement new pipelines
- Solve technical challenges
- Create shaders if needed
- Working knowledge of Maya, specifically the ability to create custom script tools (MEL/Python) that streamline artist workflow and/or increase efficiency
- Overall strong software development and programming skills
- Understanding of “artistic concepts,” e.g. modeling, lighting, shading, and animation
- Ability to asses contradictory technical and artistic need and come up with creative solutions
- A readiness to explore multiple solutions to multiple problems simultaneously and a willingness to – occasionally – have work discarded
- Working knowledge of C# and Python/MEL required
- Familiarity with C++ or other high-level languages beneficial
- General knowledge of programmable shaders
- Overall attention to detail, both visually and technically
- Strong interest in the industry and a desire to make games
- Ability to work as part of a game team
- Full understanding of 3D art
- Experience as a technical artist
- Experience with finding technical solutions to visual problems
- Experience with the PS4 and Xbox One platforms
- Experience with EA’s Frostbite engine
- Gaming experience with games in the sports genre
- Experience scripting for products or systems spanning multiple platforms like desktop, web, and mobile
- Experience rapidly creating high fidelity design prototypes
Education & Experience Required
HS Diploma required, BA in related degree preferred. Must have a minimum of 1-2 years of experience in a similar role.
Candidate should provide portfolio of scripting, shaders that they have created or directed and a resume detailing the projects/studios that they have been a part of. Depending on experience, there might be a technical test may be administered.
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Employer Paid Life Insurance Policy
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 17 Paid Holidays in 2022
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness Club Discounts
- Annual Company Events
- Project Wrap Parties
Pipeworks Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Pipeworks Studios recognizes the importance of creating an environment where all our employees feel included and empowered to bring ideas to the table. We value each employee’s unique experiences and perspectives across our company and recognize that it is both the smart and right thing to foster diversity, equity, and inclusion within our organization.
By diversifying our workforce, increasing equity, and ensuring that our individual differences are valued, we are better able to deliver an experience that reflects, inspires, and connects with our audience... because games are for everyone!
Go to Pipeworks.com to see some of our continued efforts and our 2020 Diversity Report.