UI Artist - MetaTeq, Purpose-Driven Games
This role will report to the Lead UI Artist and will be expected to collaborate within a team of UI/UX designers and artists, engineers, and gameplay designers to create intuitive systems and assets to the highest standards for all areas of front-end and in-game UI related artwork. In this role, you will take complex game mechanics and use your knowledge of good interaction design to produce creative and effective UX solutions.
Essential Job Functions
- Create pre-production art plans for new or existing UI.
- Work with Lead UI Artist to translate product strategy and user requirements into full-fledged user experiences.
- Create pixel perfect mockups, user flow diagrams, and interactive prototypes to convey complex interactions.
- Work with our Engineering/Design team to collaborate on turning mockups into functional art in the game.
- Iterate on art and design concepts based on feedback.
- Actively participate in artistic, design, and technical problem solving.
- Strong understanding of motion graphics style animation to enhance the UI experience.
- Understanding of Unity Game Engine.
- Strong interest in the industry and a desire to make games.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to concept and create inspirational art for project direction.
- Comfortable learning an additional layer of UI implementation.
- Excellent graphic design skills (design, layout, and typography).
- Understanding of 3D modeling fundamentals and know-how (Maya, 3DS Max, etc.)
- Organized and detailed with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate understanding of the game’s branding, design, functionality, and technical requirements.
- Adobe After Effects, as well as other Adobe Creative Suite software.
Purpose-Driven Games Specific Requirements
- US Citizen (due to project requirements)
Education & Experience Required
HS Diploma required; BA degree preferred.
Must have a base foundation of graphic design/motion graphics, with a minimum of 2+ years' experience in User Interface design, ideally in the video game industry.
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life Insurance Policy
- Generous Paid Time Off (Vacation, Holiday, & Sick time)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness Club Discounts
- Annual Company Events
- Project Wrap Parties
Pipeworks Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Pipeworks Studios recognizes the importance of creating an environment where all our employees feel included and empowered to bring ideas to the table. We value each employee’s unique experiences and perspectives across our company and recognize that it is both the smart and right thing to foster diversity, equity, and inclusion within our organization.
By diversifying our workforce, increasing equity, and ensuring that our individual differences are valued, we are better able to deliver an experience that reflects, inspires, and connects with our audience... because games are for everyone!
Go to Pipeworks.com to see some of our continued efforts and our 2020 Diversity Report.