The Associate Producer works closely with Producers to assist in managing various game development projects. Acts as vital link between production and other disciplines to ensure projects are delivered timely, on budget, and against quality expectations.
Essential Job Functions
- Support producers by executing on a variety of tasks related to the development of software projects, from concept to release and live operations
- Assist in the development and tracking of project schedules, own specific areas of the project and associated product development tasks
- Facilitate communication and coordination with resources throughout the organization and/or external vendors to eliminate roadblocks and ensure successful completion of tasks
- Work with development team and QA in tracking incoming and outgoing assets/builds
- Identify critical path risks and issues and developing mitigation plans as necessary
- Provide creative and critical feedback on projects against project goals and strategy
- Support producers towards continuously assessing risk and resolving conflicts between budget, schedule, and design goals
- Provide regular reports on team progress to multiple levels of management
- Provide concise meeting summaries to project stakeholders
- Actively plays games and is engaged with the modern gaming landscape
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills
- Highly responsible, self-directed, detail oriented problem solver with a desire to contribute in a dynamic environment
- Exceptional project management practices and software including Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Word, and task/bug tracking data base software
- Agile and/or PMP Certification
- Live production, live game ops experience
- Strong understanding of gameplay and visual design
Demonstrated Ability To
- Communicate effectively with all levels of staff, both written and verbal
- Work well in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Be flexible to changing priorities
- Be a team player
- Show exceptional deductive reasoning skills
- Take direction
- Assist in solving problems in resourceful and beneficial ways
Education & Experience Required
At least 3 years of experience in the same or a similar role, and some game development related technical skills or education. Bachelor’s degree a plus.
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life Insurance Policy
- Generous Paid Time Off (Vacation, Holiday, & Sick time)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness Club Discounts
- Annual Company Events
- Project Wrap Parties
Pipeworks Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Pipeworks Studios recognizes the importance of creating an environment where all our employees feel included and empowered to bring ideas to the table. We value each employee’s unique experiences and perspectives across our company and recognize that it is both the smart and right thing to foster diversity, equity, and inclusion within our organization.
By diversifying our workforce, increasing equity, and ensuring that our individual differences are valued, we are better able to deliver an experience that reflects, inspires, and connects with our audience... because games are for everyone!
Go to Pipeworks.com to see some of our continued efforts and our 2020 Diversity Report.