The Product Manager defines and implements the player acquisition, monetization, and retention strategies for one or more games.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for defining and driving acquisition, engagement, and monetization strategies for features and content within our games
- Think quantitatively and rigorously, and maintain a deep understanding of the needs and expectations of our players.
- Develop and manage key game features and content releases that further the overall vision of the game and its goals.
- Leverage data analytics and quantitative analysis to monitor game performance, tune mechanics, and identify new features & tactics to impact KPIs. Collaborate with stakeholders to provide input on live performance and help influence the roadmap to ensure that business goals are being met.
- Proactively identify new opportunities to improve the player experience.
- Collaborate with other disciplines to achieve Product goals. Work with Production team members on defining delivery schedules, anticipated revenue impacts, and opportunity costs. Work directly with the Design team, combining expertise to build new in-game products and experiences for our players. Collaborate with the Engineering team to ensure that needed data is being tracked and that data visualizations/reports are available in order to provide recommendations for the game.
- Collaborates with studio Leadership and Finance to align strategic goals and tactical measures.
- Contributions to department processes and best practices
- Experienced with ecommerce and/or business strategy for consumer facing games.
- Several years of advanced product management experience, ideally in video games.
- Previous experience with video game development, including shipping of at least two (2) titles.
- Deep understanding of KPIs directly impacting the product.
- The ability to communicate effectively and to build successful interpersonal relationships with discipline partners across the organization.
- Knowledge of how competitors have impacted their products via live services.
- Understanding of in-game economies and what levers can be pulled to alter/change a given economy in the product.
- Very strong analytical skills and experience with data-driven design and decision-making.
- Comfort with statistical concepts and advanced business metrics.
- Working knowledge of data querying languages (SQL/R/Python) and tools. Strong Excel skills, ability to create and manage models and simulators for virtual economies.
- Experience defining specs or PRDs with clear technical requirements, user flows and wireframes.
- Excellent problem solving and creative thinking skills.
- A proactive, self-starter spirit and ability to work both independently and on a team without micromanagement
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong interest in the industry and a desire to create high-quality interactive experiences with an eye towards successful product launch
- University degree in applied math, economics, computer science, but can be replaced by relevant work experience
- Previous experience with data visualization through tools such as Tableau.
Required Education and Experience
- At least 5 years of experience in a software development Product Management and/or Production role
- Education: University degree
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life Insurance Policy
- Generous Paid Time Off (Vacation, Holiday, & Sick time)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness Club Discounts
- Annual Company Events
- Project Wrap Parties
Pipeworks Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Pipeworks Studios recognizes the importance of creating an environment where all our employees feel included and empowered to bring ideas to the table. We value each employee’s unique experiences and perspectives across our company and recognize that it is both the smart and right thing to foster diversity, equity, and inclusion within our organization.
By diversifying our workforce, increasing equity, and ensuring that our individual differences are valued, we are better able to deliver an experience that reflects, inspires, and connects with our audience... because games are for everyone!
Go to Pipeworks.com to see some of our continued efforts and our 2020 Diversity Report.