Pipeworks is looking to fill two Technical Artist roles.
The Technical Artist will work with the project Art Lead to support various projects on their technical art needs from scripting to tools.
Essential Job Functions
- Create technical answers/solutions for visual/pipeline issues
- Working knowledge of Maya, specifically the ability to create custom script tools (MEL / Python) that streamline artist workflow and/or increase efficiency
- Strong ability to optimize games by understanding, solving, and implementing fixes for framerate
- Unity or Unreal experience is a must
- Overall strong software development and programming skills
- Understanding of "artistic concepts", e.g. modeling, lighting, shading, and animation
- Ability to assess occasional contradictory technical and artistic needs and come up with creative compromise solutions
- A readiness to explore multiple solutions to problems simultaneously, and a willingness to occasionally have work discarded.
- Working knowledge of C# and Python/MEL required
- Familiarity with C++ or other high-level languages beneficial
- General knowledge of programmable shaders beneficial
- Overall attention to detail, both visually and technically
- Strong interest in the industry and a desire to make games
- Ability to work as part of a game team
- Plus: Understanding of 3D art
- Plus: Ability to concept and create inspirational art for project direction
Demonstrated Ability To
- Make quality decisions within a project that improve the art pipeline/tools
- Work effectively with other artists and engineers to achieve project goals
- Solve problems to the benefit of the project/team
Education & Experience Required
At least 1-2 years of similar experience required. Any degree or certification in Art/Engineering.
Candidate should provide portfolio of code/techniques that they have created or directed and a resume detailing the projects/studios that they have been a part of. Depending on experience, a technical test may be required.
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life Insurance Policy
- Generous Paid Time Off (Vacation, Holiday, & Sick time)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness Club Discounts
- Annual Company Events
- Project Wrap Parties
Pipeworks Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Pipeworks Studios recognizes the importance of creating an environment where all our employees feel included and empowered to bring ideas to the table. We value each employee’s unique experiences and perspectives across our company and recognize that it is both the smart and right thing to foster diversity, equity, and inclusion within our organization.
By diversifying our workforce, increasing equity, and ensuring that our individual differences are valued, we are better able to deliver an experience that reflects, inspires, and connects with our audience... because games are for everyone!
Go to Pipeworks.com to see some of our continued efforts and our 2020 Diversity Report.