Associate Game Designer - World Implementation
Pipeworks is offering an entry-level position for a Game Designer to join us in helping to define an all new interactive space. We are working on a new Massively Interactive Live Event that tells a long from serialized story that is driven by the viewers.
The ideal candidate has experience working within the Unity game engine for content integration/implementation. They will be responsible for working with our sim/world design lead and art to setup locations, characters, scripts, activities – in addition to authoring and maintaining related creative and/or functional design documentation.
Essential Job Functions
● Act as project, system, or content support with the ability to collaboratively create, communicate, and manage tasks for yourself and/or the project staff
● Communicate with external stakeholders, including clients, per project requirements
● Some travel may be required for projects, conditions permitting
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
● Good people skills
● Current/up-to-date experience in Unity, Unreal, or equivalent, including source control
● Comfortable in Word, Excel or equivalent documentation and spreadsheet software
● Prefer: Familiarity with Jira, Confluence, or equivalent task tracking and collaborative development environments
Demonstrated Ability To
● Show exceptional deductive reasoning skills
● Communicate effectively with all levels of staff, both written and verbal
● Assist in solving problems in resourceful and efficient ways
● Work well in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
● Be flexible to changing priorities
● Demonstrable relevant amateur, academic, or professional work/portfolio
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life Insurance Policy
- Generous Paid Time Off (Vacation, Holiday, & Sick time)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness Club Discounts
- Annual Company Events
- Project Wrap Parties
Pipeworks Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Pipeworks Studios recognizes the importance of creating an environment where all our employees feel included and empowered to bring ideas to the table. We value each employee’s unique experiences and perspectives across our company and recognize that it is both the smart and right thing to foster diversity, equity, and inclusion within our organization.
By diversifying our workforce, increasing equity, and ensuring that our individual differences are valued, we are better able to deliver an experience that reflects, inspires, and connects with our audience... because games are for everyone!
Go to Pipeworks.com to see some of our continued efforts and our 2020 Diversity Report.