You may not know us, but you certainly know our clients: Microsoft, Sony, Activision, Square and many others. At Pipeworks, we create innovative, best-selling, cross-platform games for top-tier publishers and properties. We have been creating hits since 1999, and we are seeking exceptionally talented and entrepreneurial game creators as we lead into the future of digital entertainment.
As a producer, you would lead cross-discipline teams and act as the central point of contact between clients, studio leadership, the project team, and all stakeholders. Producers ensure development is coordinated so projects are delivered on-time, on-budget, and meet or exceed quality expectations. Producers execute a variety of tasks and key management objectives related to the development of assigned software products, from concept to release and/or live operations.
Essential Job Functions
- Act as primary point-of-contact for customer stakeholder(s)
- Identifies and manages against project success goals
- Collaborates with studio leadership and finance to align strategic goals and tactical measures
- Project-related Software and equipment procurement
- External development resource procurement. Owns outsourcing contract planning, negotiation, and management
- Own the estimation, budgeting, and planning, prioritization, and scheduling of tasks related to the development of software projects, from concept to release and live operations
- Track resource allocation, expenditures, project schedules and corresponding budgets against contractual commitments
- Project financial tracking and reporting
- Identify critical path risks and issues and responses, develop and implement mitigation plans as necessary. Drive risk action plan results
- Identify, drive implementation, and improve project development pipeline and workflow
- Provide regular project status and financial reports, communicate progress and risk to studio leadership
- Provide clear project vision, goals, and objectives to project team and stakeholders
- Facilitate communication and coordination for internal and external project resources to eliminate roadblocks and ensure successful SOW completion
- Work with project team and QA to manage bug assignment, priority-setting, and progress towards resolution
- Complete project retrospectives/post mortems
- Provide project demos, interviews as needed
- Effective contributions to department process and best practices
Studies have shown that individuals from gender underrepresented communities and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications in a job description. Our top priority is finding the best candidate for the role and we would encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every one of the qualifications below.
- Exceptional project management practices and software expertise
- Demonstrate financial and business acumen
- Proactive and collaborative communication skills
- Motivated by careful, objective, & detail-oriented work
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Amateur or Professional Experience with Unity, Unreal or other game engine
- Strong interest in the industry and a desire to create high-quality interactive experiences with an eye towards successful product launch
- Strong Experience with Excel, including generating reports and charts
- Previous experience with video game development, including shipping of at least two (2) titles.
- Experience in a Live Operations environment in a Production role
- PMI PMP Certification
Education & Experience Required
- At least 5 years of experience in a software development Producer and/or Project Manager role
- Education: Certificate of completion of Game Development (e.g. LCC, Full Sail) or any University degree
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Employer Paid Life Insurance Policy
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 17 Paid Holidays in 2022
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness Club Discounts
- Annual Company Events
- Project Wrap Parties
Pipeworks Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Pipeworks Studios recognizes the importance of creating an environment where all our employees feel included and empowered to bring ideas to the table. We value each employee’s unique experiences and perspectives across our company and recognize that it is both the smart and right thing to foster diversity, equity, and inclusion within our organization.
By diversifying our workforce, increasing equity, and ensuring that our individual differences are valued, we are better able to deliver an experience that reflects, inspires, and connects with our audience... because games are for everyone!
Pipeworks provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
Go to Pipeworks.com to see some of our continued efforts and our 2021 Diversity Report.