Senior UI/UX Artist
Pipeworks Studios is searching for a Senior UI Artist to work on a project being developed in collaboration with Wizards of the Coast. We’re seeking a meticulous UI/UX Artist, curious about why people do what they do, and who loves delivering great user experiences. They constantly read about UX design best practices and stay abreast of current trends. They will be a part of a large project that needs a UI artist to implement cool UI/UX designs.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide estimates, create mockups, and implement new UI or make modifications to existing UI
- Work with Design to translate product strategy and user requirements into full-fledged user experiences
- Create pixel perfect mockups, user flow diagrams, and interactive prototypes to convey complex interactions
- Work with our Engineering/Design team to collaborate on turning mockups into functional art in the game
- Must be willing to take direction and work strongly as a production artist
- Strong understanding of motion graphics style animation to enhance the UI experience
- At least a mid-level understanding of Unity or Unreal UI systems
- Strong interest in the industry and a desire to make games
- Ability to plan, estimate, and organize UI development
- Ability to work as part of a game team
- Ability to concept and develop the style and presentation of UI for the project
- Plus: Understanding of 3D art
Demonstrated Ability To
- Make quality decisions within a project that improve the direction of art
- Work with other artists to achieve project goals
- Ship a title with strong estimation and adapt direction based on needs
- Want to continually build your knowledge in the UX area by staying abreast of best practices and current trends
- Understand what users do, not just what they say, and figure out the best way to deliver on their actions
Education & Experience Required
HS Diploma a must, BA degree preferred. Must have a base foundation of graphic design/motion graphics with a minimum of 5 years of experience in the industry.
Candidate should provide portfolio of art that they have created or directed and a resume detailing the projects/studios that they have been a part of. An art test may be required.
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life Insurance Policy
- Generous Paid Time Off (Vacation, Holiday, & Sick time)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness Club Discounts
- Annual Company Events
- Project Wrap Parties
Pipeworks Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Pipeworks Studios recognizes the importance of creating an environment where all our employees feel included and empowered to bring ideas to the table. We value each employee’s unique experiences and perspectives across our company and recognize that it is both the smart and right thing to foster diversity, equity, and inclusion within our organization.
By diversifying our workforce, increasing equity, and ensuring that our individual differences are valued, we are better able to deliver an experience that reflects, inspires, and connects with our audience... because games are for everyone!
Go to Pipeworks.com to see some of our continued efforts and our 2020 Diversity Report.