If you are looking for employment with a purpose where you can help improve the daily lives of the members of your community, then consider a career with Pioneer Human Services!
We are currently looking for a Part-Time Cook with a passion for human services. This is an exciting opportunity to be involved with an organization focused on racial justice, second opportunities, diversity, equity and inclusion.
Who we are
We are a social enterprise that partners with communities to transform society by honoring the humanity of people, reducing the impact of discriminatory mass incarceration and empowering people to live safe, healthy, productive lives through inspiration, affirmation and by overturning barriers.
For over 50 years we have proudly serviced our clients with professionalism and empathy. We are a nationally recognized non-profit with 50+ locations across Washington State that provides a chance for change to over 3,000 people on any given day.
What you’ll do
As a cook with Pioneer you will prepare, cook and serve meals as specified on the menu. May make decisions regarding changes to the menu and/or substituting items or ingredients as needed. You will conduct temperature checks of items cooked and record data. Ensure that proper infection control techniques are exercised. Store and stock food items delivered. Help keep a clean kitchen. Adhere to company policies, procedures and management decisions. Work in a team setting with staff from various departments. May need to help with delivering food to other sites.
What you’ll bring
- High school diploma or equivalence and ability to read and write English.
- Experience working in an industrial kitchen with1-2 years cooking experience.
- Working knowledge of dietary needs and requirements.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Strong personal and professional boundaries.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Current Driver's License and clean driving record.
- Must obtain a Food Handlers Permit within 14 days of hire or provide proof of card prior to hire.
Preferably you’ll bring
- 2-4 years of cooking experience.
- Serve Safe Certification.
- Experience operating a cash register.
- Experience delivering strong, quality customer service with attention to details.
- Experience working with adults who have functional, cognitive disabilities, mental illnesses, and/or substance abuse disorders.
What we offer
- Retirement plan: Pioneer contributes 3.5% of an employees' annual compensation into retirement plans. An additional 3.5% match is offered to those who contribute 6% on their own.
- Employee recognition programs: gift cards, additional time off, weekend getaways and more.
- Public transportation discount.
- Employee assistance program (EAP).
Pioneer human services is an equal opportunity employer of minorities/women/individuals with disabilities/protected veterans and does not unlawfully discriminate under federal, state, or local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. EEO is the law poster EEO is the law poster supplement
Pioneer Human Services is a Drug-Free Company
In addition to pre-employment drug screening, Pioneer reserves the right to conduct random sample alcohol or drug testing of all employees. Please note that our drug-free policy includes marijuana and there are no exceptions for those with medical marijuana prescriptions.
Pursuant to Proclamations issued by Washington’s Governor and company policy, all new employees who start on or after October 18, 2021, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and supply proof of vaccination status prior to commencing work as a condition of employment, unless the employee is entitled to an accommodation for disability-related or religious reasons or is otherwise exempt under applicable federal, state, or local law. If you have any questions, contact Human Resources at [email protected].