Detox Treatment Specialist
If you are looking for employment with a purpose where you can help improve the daily lives of the members of your community, then consider a career with Pioneer Human Services!
We are currently looking for a Detox Treatment Specialist with a passion for human services. This is an exciting opportunity to be involved with an organization focused on racial justice, second opportunities, diversity, equity, and inclusion.
This is a part-time, swing shift position.
Who we are
We are a social enterprise that partners with communities to transform society by honoring the humanity of people, reducing the impact of discriminatory mass incarceration and empowering people to live safe, healthy, productive lives through inspiration, affirmation and by overturning barriers.
For over 50 years we have proudly serviced our clients with professionalism and empathy. We are a nationally recognized non-profit with 50+ locations across Washington State that provides a chance for change to over 3,000 people on any given day.
What you’ll do
The Detox Treatment Specialist will work at our Whatcom Community Detox location in Bellingham, WA., which provides a monitored setting for the safe withdrawal from alcohol and other drugs. The Detox Treatment Specialist is responsible for assessing somatic conditions, delivering medications according to procedure, providing physical care, social and moral support in collaboration with other staff, and creating a favorable group climate for the effective treatment of each client.
PRIMARY TASKS INCLUDE:
- Completes admission, discharge, and health care assessments in accordance with program policy and protocols.
- Monitors client's vital signs as well as monitoring for symptoms of withdrawal.
- Administers first aid.
- Responds to emergency situations and provides intervention in accordance with program protocols.
- Interprets and explains program policy to each client.
- Assists clients with access to detoxification, treatment, and other support services.
- Documents observations of behaviors, physical signs and symptoms and psychological needs, medication delivery, ongoing health assessment needs, and pertinent health and safety issues in each client file according to program policy.
What you’ll bring
- High School Diploma or equivalent and one year experience in the human service field
- You have the ability to provide positive, enthusiastic motivational counseling and intervention to intoxicated individuals
- You will complete 40 hours of documented training within 1 year of hire in accordance with WAC 388-877-0500
- Valid Food Handler's permit within one week of hire
- Current CPR/1st Aid training within 30 days of hire, to be maintained during employment
Preferably you’ll bring
- Course work, experience, or training in human development, chemical dependency, group dynamics, residential treatment, or related disciplines
What we offer
Competitive industry compensation and a generous benefits plan that includes:
- Employees regularly scheduled to work 24 hours or more a week are eligible to enroll in medical, dental, and flexible spending accounts the first of the month following date of hire.
- Full-time employees regularly scheduled for 30 hours per week or more are eligible for additional benefits, including life, AD&D, and disability coverage beginning the first of the month after 30 days of full-time employment.
- Tuition assistance program: Pioneer pays 100% of a bachelor's degree tuition and 50% for graduate programs. Available for full-time status employees after 6 months of employment.
- Retirement plan: Pioneer contributes 3.5% of an employee's annual compensation into retirement plans. An additional 3.5% match is offered to those who contribute 6% on their own.
- Employee recognition programs: gift cards, additional time off, weekend getaways and more.
- Public transportation discount.
- Employee assistance program (EAP).
Pioneer human services is an equal opportunity employer of minorities/women/individuals with disabilities/protected veterans and does not unlawfully discriminate under federal, state, or local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. EEO is the law poster EEO is the law poster supplement
Pioneer Human Services is a Drug-Free Company
In addition to pre-employment drug screening, Pioneer reserves the right to conduct random sample alcohol or drug testing of all employees. Please note that our drug-free policy includes marijuana and there are no exceptions for those with medical marijuana prescriptions.
Pursuant to Proclamations issued by Washington’s Governor and company policy, all new employees who start on or after October 18, 2021, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and supply proof of vaccination status prior to commencing work as a condition of employment, unless the employee is entitled to an accommodation for disability-related or religious reasons or is otherwise exempt under applicable federal, state, or local law. If you have any questions, contact Human Resources at [email protected].