Residential Youth Specialist (FT Swing Shift)
Thank you for considering a career with Pioneer Human Services!
We are currently looking for a Residential Youth Specialist (FT Swing) with a passion for working with Youth.
WHO WE ARE
Pioneer Human Services is a nationally recognized social enterprise with 50 facilities in operation across Washington State. We are proud to be a leading organization in the state that offers an array of treatment, housing and employment services to individuals who are overcoming the challenges of living with a criminal history, and/or struggling with substance abuse and mental health issues. Pioneer’s goal is to provide a chance for change for people who want to turn their lives around.
Family Intervention and Restorative Services (FIRS) is a non-secure 24/7 receiving facility with seven beds at the King County Youth Detention Center that eliminates the need for detention bookings on the majority of family violence cases. The program allows flexibility for families to receive respite services that are not tied to the criminal justice system and will greatly reduce formal charging.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Our Residential Youth Specialist will guide, assist and support residents in their transition back into community life by carrying out the day-to-day operations of a Pioneer residential reentry program.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Per WAC 388-145-1445
- (1) Each direct care staff must:
- (a) Be at least twenty-one years of age, unless they meet the requirements in subsection (2) of this section;
- (b) Have a high school diploma or high school or equivalency course of study (GED/HSEC);
- (c) Have one year of experience working directly with children. Two years of social services education may be substituted for the required experience;
- (d) Have the skills and ability to work successfully with the special needs of children in care; and
- (e) Have effective communication and problem solving skills.
- (2) Direct care staff may be between eighteen and twenty-one years of age if enrolled in an internship or practicum program with an accredited college or university and can provide sufficient documentation.
PREFERABLY YOU WILL BRING
- AA Degree or relevant college course work, continuing education and/or training in human services. OR
- A bachelor's degree; or (a) At least two years of college and one year of work in a group residential program for adolescents; and (b) May substitute experience for education on a year-for-year basis in the human services or criminal justice and/or mental health system(s) including internships and/or volunteer placements.
- Familiarity with and understanding of “Right Response” preferred.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Stability: we have over 50 years of success in Washington state.
- Impact: Pioneer provides a chance for change to over 3,000 people on any given day.
- Reputation: we are a nationally recognized non-profit with 50+ locations across Washington state.
- Tuition assistance program: Pioneer pays 100% of the tuition for a bachelor’s degree, and 50% for graduate programs.
- Retirement plan: Pioneer contributes 4.5% of an employees' annual compensation into retirement plans. An additional 3.5% match is offered to those who contribute 6% on their own.
- Employee recognition programs: gift cards, additional time off, weekend getaways and other items.
- Competitive industry compensation and a generous benefit plan.
- Participation in the life assistance program.
- Public transportation reimbursement.
Pioneer human services is an equal opportunity employer of minorities/women/individuals with disabilities/protected veterans and does not unlawfully discriminate under federal, state, or local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. EEO is the law poster EEO is the law poster supplement
PIONEER HUMAN SERVICES IS A DRUG FREE COMPANY
In addition to pre-employment drug screening, Pioneer reserves the right to conduct random sample alcohol or drug testing of all employees. Please note that our drug-free policy includes marijuana and there are no exceptions for those with medical marijuana prescriptions.