Health Coordinator (Per Diem)
If you are looking for employment with a purpose where you can help improve the daily lives of the members of your community, then consider a career with Pioneer Human Services!
We are currently looking for a Residential Treatment Specialist with a passion for human services. This is an exciting opportunity to be involved with an organization focused on racial justice, second opportunities, diversity, equity and inclusion.
This is a per diem position that will help cover vacations, sick call outs and holidays.
WHO WE ARE
Pioneer Human Services is a social enterprise that provides individuals with criminal histories the opportunity to lead healthy, productive lives. For over 50 years we have proudly serviced our clients with professionalism and empathy. We are a nationally recognized non-profit with 50+ locations across Washington State that provides a chance for change to over 3,000 people on any given day.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Residential Treatment Specialist will work at our 10-bed Crisis Stabilization Facility in Oak Harbor, WA. which provides services for Acute Detox and Mental Health Stabilization. The Residential Treatment Specialist (RTS) provides physical care, monitors for safety, and assists in implementing programs designed to assist each resident with their individual treatment plan.
What you’ll bring
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Be sensitive, receptive and mature enough to be neither upset by the residents, nor cause the residents further adjustment difficulties.
- Be able to make positive use of professional supervision, function effectively in an inter-disciplinary team approach, and participate in and profit from in-service and on-the-job training.
- Demonstrate personal flexibility and a professional demeanor, and are able to work toward broad goals, while at the same time work with a vast number and variety of details.
- Maintain an attitude toward interactions with residents that is objective and free from personal bias: one that allows for perspective and flexibility in observing groups and individual behavior patterns.
- Able to obtain Agency Affiliated Counselor (WAC 246-810-015, and RCW 18.19.210) within 60-days from the date of hire.
- Food Handlers Card or obtain within 30 days of hire.
Preferably YOU’Ll bring
- One year of experience in the human services field.
- Course work, experience, or training in human development, chemical dependency, group dynamics, residential treatment or related disciplines desirable.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive industry compensation and a generous benefits plan that includes:
- Medical, vision, prescription, dental and flexible spending account (FSA).
- Tuition assistance program: Pioneer pays 100% of the tuition for a bachelor’s degree, and 50% for graduate programs.
- Retirement plan: Pioneer contributes 3.5% of an employees' annual compensation into retirement plans. An additional 3.5% match is offered to those who contribute 6% on their own.
- Employee recognition programs: gift cards, additional time off, weekend getaways and more.
- Public transportation discount.
- Employee assistance program (EAP).
Pioneer human services is an equal opportunity employer of minorities/women/individuals with disabilities/protected veterans and does not unlawfully discriminate under federal, state, or local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. EEO is the law poster EEO is the law poster supplement
PIONEER HUMAN SERVICES IS A DRUG FREE COMPANY
In addition to pre-employment drug screening, Pioneer reserves the right to conduct random sample alcohol or drug testing of all employees. Please note that our drug-free policy includes marijuana and there are no exceptions for those with medical marijuana prescriptions.
Pursuant to Proclamations issued by Washington’s Governor and company policy, all new employees who start on or after October 18, 2021, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and supply proof of vaccination status prior to commencing work as a condition of employment, unless the employee is entitled to an accommodation for disability-related or religious reasons or is otherwise exempt under applicable federal, state, or local law. If you have any questions, contact Human Resources at [email protected].