Resident Monitor (Swing Shift: Fri-Tues, 2pm -10pm; male) 10458
Pioneer's Spokane RRC program serves as a bridge from incarceration to life in the community. Our reentry centers help formerly incarcerated individuals with a successful transition through an array of services focused on finding and retaining employment, reconnecting with families, overcoming a substance use disorder and other issues, and becoming productive members of society.
As a Resident Monitor, you will be responsible for ensuring program and facility safety, monitoring resident movement and supporting structured cognitive and behavioral-based programming designed to promote risk reduction and successful community reintegration. You collaborate with other staff and community partners to promote a pro-social and supportive program climate that encourages the development of independent living skills as well as to make recommendations to operational policies and procedures consistent with program goals and our mission.
Please note: This position has male gender as a Bona Fide Occupational Qualification (BFOQ) under the Title VII guidelines as approved by the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth circuit.
What you’ll do:
- Engage in clear, consistent, and professional communication with all residents, program staff, service providers and community members.
- Supervise and monitor resident movement, activity and rule compliance.
- Work in partnership with case managers to achieve program goals and provide high impact services to residents
- Perform and document daily shift activities as required by program policies, contract stipulations and professional standards.
- Assess and respond appropriately to resident behaviors, attitudes and dispositions.
What you’ll bring:
- High School diploma or equivalent required (two year+ college level education preferred)
- 6+ months of experience working in the human services or criminal justice and/or correctional system(s) including internships and/or volunteer placements
- Must be able to pass and maintain security clearances as required by the Federal Bureau of Prisons (FBOP).
- A passion to help others and for our mission: To provide individuals with criminal histories the opportunity to lead healthy, productive lives.
What we offer:
- Stability: We have over 50 years of success in Washington state.
- Impact: Pioneer provides a chance for change to over 3,000 people on any given day.
- Reputation: We are a nationally recognized non-profit with 50+ locations across Washington State.
- Tuition Assistance program: Pioneer pays 100% of the tuition for a bachelors degree, and 50% for graduate programs.
- Retirement Plan: Pioneer contributes 4.5% of an employees' annual compensation into retirement plans. An additional 3.5% match is offered to those who contribute 6% on their own.
- Employee Recognition Programs: gift cards, additional time off, weekend getaways and other items.
- Competitive industry compensation and a generous benefit plan.
- Participation in the Life Assistance Program.
- Public transportation reimbursement.
Pioneer Human Services is a drug-free company. In addition to pre-employment drug screening, Pioneer reserves the right to conduct random sample alcohol or drug testing of all employees. Please note that our drug-free policy includes marijuana and there are no exceptions for those with medical marijuana prescriptions.
Pioneer Human Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans and does not unlawfully discriminate under federal, state, or local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.EEO is the Law Poster EEO is the Law Poster Supplement We participate in E-Verify. Details are provided below in both English and Spanish. This Employer Participates in E-Verify | Este Empleador Participa en E-Verify
To apply, please email resume to: Christian.email@example.com