Organizational Development Specialist
If you are looking for employment with a purpose where you can help improve the daily lives of the members of your community, then consider a career with Pioneer Human Services!
We are currently looking for an Organizational Development Specialist with a passion for human services. This is an exciting opportunity to be involved with an organization focused on racial justice, second opportunities, diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Pioneer would like to expedite this recruitment to have overlap/training with the current employee. We would ideally like to have a new hire start Mid-December.
Who we are
We are a social enterprise that partners with communities to transform society by honoring the humanity of people, reducing the impact of discriminatory mass incarceration, and empowering people to live safe, healthy, productive lives through inspiration, affirmation, and by overturning barriers.
For over 50 years we have proudly serviced our clients with professionalism and empathy. We are a nationally recognized non-profit with 50+ locations across Washington State that provides a chance for change to over 3,000 people on any given day.
What you’ll do
The Organizational Development (OD) Specialist assists in increasing overall employee effectiveness by enhancing leadership capacity, analyzing data to proactively identify areas of improvement, and working with oversight to implement organization-wide employee development initiatives, facilitating trainings, and collaborating to support critical change through OD, HR, and business efforts. This position reports to the Director of OD and is part of the OD Team.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in the development and implementation of a sustainable and progressive diversity, equity, and inclusion strategy for the organization.
- Supports the Director of OD with the evaluation, creation, implementation, and management of strategies, initiatives, needs, and priorities for the organization.
- Translates organizational development strategies into action plans to improve curriculum and content for leadership, management, emerging leaders, and new employee orientation programs.
- Designs sustainable communication strategies, trainings, assessments, and documentation processes.
- With oversight, develops, tracks, and maintains analytic solutions to understand issues and diagnose root causes to ensure successful organizational development strategy adoption, quality, and effectiveness.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders to ensure and maintain relevance of trainings within the Learning Management System.
- Collaborates with HR Director of Ops and HRBP’s regarding the strategy development, execution, post-survey analysis, and action-planning process for the employee engagement survey.
- Manages special projects as needed
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Organizational Development, Organizational Behavior, Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- Two years of advanced facilitation, training, coaching, and consultation skills
- Two years of demonstrated training design experience using a variety of methods, i.e. eLearning, instructor-led, self-paced online learning
Preferably you’ll bring
- Experience in the use of learning management systems, word processing, and PowerPoint presentations.
What we offer
Competitive industry compensation and a generous benefits plan that includes:
- Medical, vision, prescription, dental and flexible spending account (FSA).
- Tuition assistance program: Pioneer pays 100% of the tuition for a bachelor’s degree, and 50% for graduate programs.
- Retirement plan: Pioneer contributes 3.5% of an employees' annual compensation into retirement plans. An additional 3.5% match is offered to those who contribute 6% on their own.
- Employee recognition programs: gift cards, additional time off, weekend getaways and more.
- Public transportation discount.
- Employee assistance program (EAP).
Pioneer human services is an equal opportunity employer of minorities/women/individuals with disabilities/protected veterans and does not unlawfully discriminate under federal, state, or local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. EEO is the law poster EEO is the law poster supplement
Pioneer Human Services is a Drug-Free Company
In addition to pre-employment drug screening, Pioneer reserves the right to conduct random sample alcohol or drug testing of all employees. Please note that our drug-free policy includes marijuana and there are no exceptions for those with medical marijuana prescriptions.
Pursuant to Proclamations issued by Washington’s Governor and company policy, all new employees who start on or after October 18, 2021, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and supply proof of vaccination status prior to commencing work as a condition of employment, unless the employee is entitled to an accommodation for disability-related or religious reasons or is otherwise exempt under applicable federal, state, or local law. If you have any questions, contact Human Resources at [email protected].