EMT Nights- Full Time
If you are looking for employment with a purpose where you can help improve the daily lives of the members of your community, then consider a career with Pioneer Human Services!
We are currently looking for an EMT with a passion for human services. This is an exciting opportunity to be involved with an organization focused on lowering the barriers to a successful reentry for returning citizens, racial justice, and diversity, equity and inclusion.
*Shift is 9pm - 9am*
Who we are
We are a social enterprise that partners with communities to transform society by honoring the humanity of people, reducing the impact of discriminatory mass incarceration and empowering people to live safe, healthy, productive lives through inspiration, affirmation and by overturning barriers.
For over 60 years we have proudly serviced our clients with professionalism and empathy. We are a nationally recognized non-profit with 50+ locations across Washington State that provides a chance for change to over 3,000 people on any given day.
What you’ll do
The EMT will be work in our King County Diversion Center, and is responsible for providing quality health care services to all patients including emergency medical treatments, initial and detailed assessments, medication delivery, medical documentation and life sustaining interventions.
This position supports the Treatment and Reentry Division of Pioneer Human Services by performing direct patient service and administrative tasks to support the provision of quality and cost effective medical services to behavioral health clients.
What you’ll bring
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- A National EMT License or Washington EMT license in good standing.
- Be able to pass a criminal background search allowing the work with a vulnerable population.
- Be able to complete all required medical, company and facility contract requirements.
- Ability to perform essential duties of the position, in a fast paced and demanding work environment, with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer
Competitive industry compensation and a generous benefit plan that includes:
- Medical, vision, prescription, dental and flexible spending account (FSA).
- Tuition assistance program: Pioneer pays 100% of the tuition for a bachelor’s degree, and 50% for graduate programs.
- Retirement plan: Pioneer contributes 3.5% of an employees' annual compensation into retirement plans. An additional 3.5% match is offered to those who contribute 6% on their own.
- Employee recognition programs: gift cards, additional time off, weekend getaways and more.
- Public transportation discount.
- Employee assistance program (EAP).
Pioneer human services is an equal opportunity employer of minorities/women/individuals with disabilities/protected veterans and does not unlawfully discriminate under federal, state, or local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. EEO is the law poster EEO is the law poster supplement
Pioneer Human Services is a Drug-Free Company
In addition to pre-employment drug screening, Pioneer reserves the right to conduct random sample alcohol or drug testing of all employees. Please note that our drug-free policy includes marijuana and there are no exceptions for those with medical marijuana prescriptions.