Director, Marketing & Communications
Thank you for considering a career with Pioneer Human Services!
We are currently looking for a Marketing and Communications leader with a passion for advocacy and human services along with strategic and professional abilities that will contribute to and increase to the success of our organization.
WHO WE ARE
Pioneer Human Services is a social enterprise that provides individuals with criminal histories the opportunity to lead healthy, productive lives. For over 50 years we have proudly serviced our clients with professionalism and empathy.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Pioneer Human Services seeks a visionary marketing and communications professional to broaden our organizational reach and deepen organizational impact. The ideal candidate will be a strong team leader and natural strategist who will help strengthen our unique voice by leading strategic marketing and communications initiatives that build brand awareness, relevance, and esteem among our target audiences. This role will successfully work across Pioneer to support marketing, public relations and fundraising campaigns, program initiatives and all brand communications projects. This position will report to the Vice President of Advocacy & Philanthropy. Duties include:
- Oversee integration, implementation, and measurement of the organization’s brand strategy across all aspects of the organization.
- Ensure that brand identity, messaging, and marketing and communications strategy are consistently infused in all organizational efforts (programming, development, employee relations, etc.).
- Oversee the planning, development and implementation of the organization’s marketing, public relations and communications strategy that includes social media, print and digital content and email marketing to support Pioneer's strategic goals and objectives.
- Oversee the daily activities of the marketing and communications function of the organization including budgeting, planning and staff development.
- Lead the marketing and communications team with an emphasis on data analytics to make strategic and data-driven decisions.
- Work collaboratively with the development team to effectively communicate with donors in a manner that is engaging and compels them to take action to support the organization and its mission.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- 10+ years of proven leadership in brand marketing and communications that includes a trajectory of increased leadership, preferably in a philanthropic, nonprofit, or social service organization.
- Commitment to the mission and values of the organization.
- Strong, informative and persuasive writing skills and experience developing communications intended to compel audiences to take action.
- Superior judgment and creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Experience in program management, budget management and reporting/metrics.
- Current knowledge of digital communications techniques, social media engagement, and content amplification.
- Ability to work autonomously while managing numerous projects simultaneously.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, and a focused listener able to work quickly, thoughtfully, and collaboratively.
- Ability to influence peers and senior leaders, and to inspire, nurture, and lead team members.
- Strong work ethic, energetic personality and willingness to go the extra mile.
- Proficient user of MS Office Suite, content management systems and graphics software, such as Adobe InDesign, and HTML.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications or related field required. Master's degree preferred.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Stability: we have over 50 years of success in Washington state.
- Impact: Pioneer provides a chance for change to over 3,000 people on any given day.
- Reputation: we are a nationally recognized non-profit with 50+ locations across Washington state.
- Tuition assistance program: Pioneer pays 100% of the tuition for a bachelor’s degree, and 50% for graduate programs.
- Retirement plan: Pioneer contributes 4.5% of an employees' annual compensation into retirement plans. An additional 3.5% match is offered to those who contribute 6% on their own.
- Employee recognition programs: gift cards, additional time off, weekend getaways and other items.
- Competitive industry compensation and a generous benefit plan.
- Participation in the life assistance program.
- Public transportation reimbursement.
Pioneer human services is an equal opportunity employer of minorities/women/individuals with disabilities/protected veterans and does not unlawfully discriminate under federal, state, or local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. EEO is the law poster EEO is the law poster supplement
PIONEER HUMAN SERVICES IS A DRUG FREE COMPANY
In addition to pre-employment drug screening, Pioneer reserves the right to conduct random sample alcohol or drug testing of all employees. Please note that our drug-free policy includes marijuana and there are no exceptions for those with medical marijuana prescriptions.